Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Stop press: I am now 97kg. My initial target of 95 kg is just around the corner. I might see if I can dip below 90kg by September.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Oh dear - a confession. :wacko:

Yesterday, boxes of Maltesers were on offer - two for the price of one.
I sometimes buy a box and make sure it lasts all week end. OOOpps - who ate the whole of one box last night? :biggrin::blush::smile::rolleyes:

Is it my fault, or the shop's fault for having them on offer at "half price"?

yoyo

Only one box!!!

School ended yesterday and I have presents of choccies from a number of my pupils. Coupled with son 2's 21st this week I have gained a pound or two. As the weather was so awful here we were in all day and ate choccies. Have appt with naturopath in morning and will need to explain weight gain. At least I have 8.5 weeks of holidays to put in some miles on the bike.

Complete dietary meltdown on Friday.

3 Bounty bars, a pack of Jaffa cakes, half a packet of Minstrels and three lumps of Fruit and Nut.

I've been clean since Saturday. Trying to eat fruit instead of chocolate. God knows what's going on.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Well I'm quite pleased with my latest weigh-in - and I'm hoping to get the other side of 15st in the next month or so.

If I manage it, it'll be the first time I've been less than 15st in about 12 months.

I'm quite determined because I want to have another go at doing my first 100 miler (only made it to 94 miles last time), and I reckon shedding a stone or more would help no end.

I'll keep updating my count on page 1 and see how it goes.

Well done to everyone else who's having a go, and I can really [really] related to those eat-everything-in-the-house days - we all have them now and again. ;)

Cheers,
Shaun :o)

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I was at the Weight Management Clinic today, and the Practice Nurse confirmed that I have lost a stone since mid April. Very slowly, I know but that is without being able to exercise very much at the moment. ;)

I still have another two stone to lose, but will be quite happy to continue to lose a pound or two each week. TWO :o):ohmy: boxes of Maltesers seem not to have done much damage, but I think the answer is not to buy any. :biggrin: I will try to gently increase the exercise.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Got on the scales today, a smidge under 15st / 95kg. I have not weighed this little since pre 1995 ish. The way I am going I could be less than 14st before the end of the year.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I had been steadily losing on average one pound a week. Not a lot, really, but it was steady and in the right direction. I now seem to have "plateaued". I am following the same healthy eating pattern, and have also cut out the alcohol. I did not drink a great deal, but was told that as alcohol is "pure sugar", it would help to cut it out.

Unfortunately I cannot increase the exercise I take :biggrin:. Has anyone any suggestions or have you found this yourself. My target is to lose another 5 pounds by 8th August.

porridge

New to this, but one of my main aims of commuting to work is to lose weight and get fit.

Was 93 Kg and 5ft 8 on the 12th May 2008, just weighed in at 85 kg this morning, so a long way to go, but progress being made, my target is 70kg but not sure if its achievable.

Hi Speicher

feel for you. I've plateaued at 90 kg. Would love to lose another five, or turn five into muscle, but in the current set-up it's not possible.

Not drinking will definitely help. Have you looked at the GI diet? I think it's great and has really helped me.

Welcome porridge. That's very fast weight loss. Is it sustainable?

porridge

Twenty Inch said:
Hi Speicher

feel for you. I've plateaued at 90 kg. Would love to lose another five, or turn five into muscle, but in the current set-up it's not possible.

Not drinking will definitely help. Have you looked at the GI diet? I think it's great and has really helped me.

Welcome porridge. That's very fast weight loss. Is it sustainable?
Hi

Is it sustainable, well I hope so, I don't drink alcohol or high caloried drinks, so I hope so, but I do enjoy cakes and chocolate, unfortunately they are my vices, I find it intolerable and hard to resist when they're in the house, I even ask my wife to hide any stuff like that so that im not tempted, I end up feeling very guilty afterwards though and any pleasure gained from eating soon evapourates through hours of repenting my moment of weakness.

I am hoping the regular exercise will do the trick, I can't stand coming home and exercising on exercise bike etc, it just seems like a chore, which is why the daily commute is ideal, it forms part of normal travel to work.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Twenty Inch, as you suggest I will have another look at the GI diet.
I have made changes which I think follow the low glycaemic index, but might be able to make some more changes. Thank you for reminding me.;)

Speicher said:
Twenty Inch, as you suggest I will have another look at the GI diet.
I have made changes which I think follow the low glycaemic index, but might be able to make some more changes. Thank you for reminding me.B)

I'm going to have to take my own advice :ohmy: I weighed myself on the doctor's scales this week - 96kg. I'm heavier than I thought, and my own scales are wronger than I thought.

Still, onwards and upwards!

Top Bottom