Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASC1951

Guru
vernon said:
I find that reassuring as I have a BMI of 40 and am currently 24" underheight.
I'm a tad better than you on both counts, Vernon, but not enough for comfort.

It's all very well for these racing snakes to say they have huge appetities and eat whatever they want. They instinctively don't want the extra spud, that's why they are the shape they are. I have gradually over-eaten all my adult life and although I can keep it at bay with exercise and willpower, I never quite get back to where I was and am now nearly 30% heavier than I was at 35 years ago. It's all the right stuff, just too much of it.

This year's ploy is to go the hypno - I find that I still have some slack in my Westfield scheme, unlike my belt. It would be nice if he could ferret around in the crevices of my psyche and re-set some switch, but I expect it will only work for a couple of months longer than my willpower normally lasts.

It's a lot harder than giving up smoking. I'm ok with "none of that", it's 'not too much of that' I can't manage.

Tynan

Veteran
a new low of 14st5lb6oz today

AFTER a plate of cheesy biscuits and two glasses of blackcurrant and aple squash

another 1lb6oz and I'm 3stone lighter than I was in June when I started commuting

in far from snug 36in jeans now rather than some circus stylee 40in

proper desperate dan biceps, thighs like rock

it's superb, can't even remember what I must have looked like before all this

90kg and 36 inch waist for the last two months, down from 98kg and 40inch waist in December.

Baby Leo weighs 10kg now. I was carrying him in the sling around the woods for 3 hours on Sunday. We were halfway up the hill before I realised that I had been carrying that much extra weight, all day, every day, for most of last year.

I'm about 3kg off my best triathlon weight, but I'm not sure that I can be bothered to get down to that. I'm really comfortable now.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Hi all - hope I can join in as the first bird??

Been commuting for years but never lost a lb - put over 3 stone on in 7 years - eating and drinking waayyyy to much and the cycling just couldn't compensate. Finally admitted things were getting out of control and joined slimming world in Jan 08. Nearly died when I got on the scale as I weighed in at 14 stone 7 lb and I'm only 5'4"!!!!

Now I'm 12 stone 4 lb and hoping to set my target around 11 - 11.5. I really don't think I will ever be a 9 stone twiglet as got a fair bit of muscle mass going on. Clothes fit great (glad I kept them all), self confidence so much better and my average speed has increased.

Well done everyone in the thread - oohhh it's not easy is it? :biggrin:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Comedy Pilot, you have done very well to loose that over three months.
I have lost about a stone in the same amount of time, it makes a big difference doesn't it?

Due to injury I have not been able to do exercise, except occasional gentle swimming. I am now hoping to increase, or at the very least maintain that rate of loss by getting more exercise.

I am not brave enough to include my statistical details. :blush::angry:

92 kg, thanks to two weeks off the bike on hols. I thought that rolling around on the floor with baby Leo would compensate, but it seems not. Still, back to work tomorrow and back on the bike.

Bigtallfatbloke

I weighed in at 16 stone 3 yesterday which is pretty good for me ( I am 6'4")...so to celebrate the loss of 5 stone in just over a year I drank two beers and ate two bags of kettle crisps watching the Euro final last night...now I feel sick and guilty and will need to ride longer and harder today whilst whipping myself and wearing sackcloth!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Ohh yummy, kettle crisps. I have had to ban myself from going into shops that sell them! :smile::sad: If it was two beers and two 50g bags, perhaps it is so bad, just hope it was not two 150g bags.

There must have been something in the air last night because I had a KitKat chunky for my "pudding", some toast at about 9.30pm and another kitkat at about 11pm . That's two of us wearing the sackcloth, then. :smile:

iand

This will scare you.

28/6/97 my Wedding day 12 1/2 stone :smile:
26/12/07 18 stone :smile:
Today 15 1/2 stone :sad:

Guess who's got the bike out of the garage and has started riding again. When I get down to 14 1/2 I'm going to start running again. Looking to a target weight of 13 1/2 - 14. Before next May because I've entered the Eton triathlon.

Plax

Guru
iand said:
This will scare you.

28/6/97 my Wedding day 12 1/2 stone :biggrin:
26/12/07 18 stone :biggrin:
Today 15 1/2 stone :biggrin:

Guess who's got the bike out of the garage and has started riding again. When I get down to 14 1/2 I'm going to start running again. Looking to a target weight of 13 1/2 - 14. Before next May because I've entered the Eton triathlon.

I had to laugh at myself then. I read the 26/12/07 as 26/12/97 and was like "OMG how on earth did he manage to put on nearly 6 stone in 6 months!!!".

Well done btw!

Top Bottom