Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
178cm, 98kg, 40 inch waist (oh, the horror)

On the GI Diet since 2 days, but it's not working yet. Hope to be back on the bike and burning 800 cals a day again next week. Will try and do some lunchtime running as well.

21 Feb 08
Still 178cm tall, but now 93kg and 38 inch waist. Hooray!

26 Feb
Took in another hole on my belt, without meaning to, when doing my troos up in the loo. Hooray!!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i religiously avoid all this weight stuff, but at last health roadshow i had at work i was 5' 7" and 74kg, a drop of 11 over the previous year.

whatever went on over christmas will come off again with the daily commute.

jashburnham

Tetedelacourse said:
Michael obviously just forget everything you've learnt. Hey presto, weight reduced.

Jash 108cm?! HA HA HA HA HA HA come here and let me ruffle your hair wee man!

Doh! 180 cm... although I have started my weight loss regime by having a haircut. My colleagues spent lunchbreak teasing me with their delicious slices of cheesecake from Borough market. *sniff

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'm 5 feet 9 and 11.5 stone. Was 10.5 stone for years and years, then it crept up. I can lose it fairly easily though, and want to get back to 11.0 at least. I have a huge appetite, but don't look fat or even big at all, particularly. During 2 particularly deskbound years, I went up to 13 stone, and looked vaguely pregnant.

Fnaar said:
I'm 5 feet 9 and 11.5 stone. Was 10.5 stone for years and years, then it crept up. I can lose it fairly easily though, and want to get back to 11.0 at least. I have a huge appetite, but don't look fat or even big at all, particularly. During 2 particularly deskbound years, I went up to 13 stone, and looked vaguely pregnant.

...pregnant with jokes etc...you are still hatching them :blush:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Crackle said:
You should all be encouraged by today's article on the BBC about extending your lifespan by 14 years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7174665.stm

with regard to BMI it said "....And we also found that social class and BMI - body mass index - really did not have a role to play....."

Though excercise did!

I find that reassuring as I have a BMI of 40 and am currently 24" underheight. Didn't stop me from doing 20 x 100km and 4 x 200km Audaxes plus a Channel to Med ride last year.

mondobongo

Über Member
Checked my weight today exactly the same as last week, although my height as increased by .02 of an inch.

walker

mondobongo said:
Checked my weight today exactly the same as last week, although my height as increased by .02 of an inch.

did you measure yourself once in the morning and once in the evening? you are taller in the morning than you are in the evening. Something to do with gritational force pulling you down when you sleep and spreading you out a bit.

Pete

walker said:
did you measure yourself once in the morning and once in the evening? you are taller in the morning than you are in the evening. Something to do with gritational force pulling you down when you sleep and spreading you out a bit.
I thought it was due to the tide. The full moon sort of 'stretches' you out. I believe it also has an influence on your hair follicles, causing you to assume a more hirsute appearance...

Blue

Legendary Member
walker said:

I thought it was to do with the discs in ones spine recovering from the previous days compression caused by ones upright posture while moving about.

Blue

Legendary Member
Bigtallfatbloke said:
I weigh 17 stone at the moment having put on half a stone over christmas:ohmy::ohmy: and that was without any beer!

I remember that 'no beer over x'mas thread'. Your problem may be that you concentrate on a single thing and let everything else slip. I did what I said I would in that thread, enjoyed x'mas and stayed exactly the same weight by balancing food and exercise. The overall lifestyle is what controls the weight.

Good luck with your weight loss endeavours - it ain't easy!!

Blue said:
I remember that 'no beer over x'mas thread'. Your problem may be that you concentrate on a single thing and let everything else slip. I did what I said I would in that thread, enjoyed x'mas and stayed exactly the same weight by balancing food and exercise. The overall lifestyle is what controls the weight.

Good luck with your weight loss endeavours - it ain't easy!!

But I thought it WAS easy Blue. I thought it was just calories in less than calories out equals weight loss.

I'm glad that you are finally conceding that there are other factors that have an influence on people's choices and ability to maintain an ideal weight and a healthy lifestyle.

Tynan

Veteran
shifted two stone four like magic between June and crimbo

shifted crimbo now and looking at the last half stone to ideal weight I think

another half stone would shift the slight tyre, not going easy though

what meet?

Top Bottom