Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Legendary Member
Twenty Inch said:
But I thought it WAS easy Blue. I thought it was just calories in less than calories out equals weight loss.

I'm glad that you are finally conceding that there are other factors that have an influence on people's choices and ability to maintain an ideal weight and a healthy lifestyle.

If I recall I said it was 'simple'. I also recall that you then started to argue about dictionary definition of words like simple and simplistic.

As I also recall, you recently confessed to a bit of a weight problem, which I don't have. Maybe if you concentrated on your lifestyle rather than being pedantic about peoples use of words you would find control of your own problem easy.

Blue said:
If I recall I said it was 'simple'. I also recall that you then started to argue about dictionary definition of words like simple and simplistic.

As I also recall, you recently confessed to a bit of a weight problem, which I don't have. Maybe if you concentrated on your lifestyle rather than being pedantic about peoples use of words you would find control of your own problem easy.

Oh dear, how cutting. You've sunk to arguments ad hominem. Oh well.

Blue

Legendary Member
Twenty Inch said:
Oh dear, how cutting. You've sunk to arguments ad hominem. Oh well.

Oh well, indeed, I seem to have sunk to your level. Talk about people in glass houses throwing stones!!

frog

Found this on the BBC web site

To Kevin Langley's sister (Your Letters, Thursday)- another weight loss tip is to subtract your birth weight - after all, you've never actually put that on. Luckily I was a hefty baby and so can subtract over 9lbs from my present weight, slipping me into my ideal BMI range.
Libby, Coleford, Somerset

So, there's another half stone gone. :biggrin:

I've been doing weights in the gym and put weight on. Can I discount muscle weight from my overall weight?

can i join in please !!!!!:tongue:

last may when i took up cycling i was a mahuusive 21st 9lbs (5/5/07)
when i seriously got into cycling last august(25/08/07/ i still weighed a touch over 20stone,christmas was easy for me as i am of the opposite faith;) and dont celebrate it:sad: and as of last night i now weigh in at 17 stone dead,hopefully by the time i do the etape i want to be 14.5 stone ,so heres hoping !!!!luckily the football season is soon over which wont distract me !!!!!!:blush:

Basically i didnt follow any silly diets,cut out all the crap,sensible eating,cut virtually all fizzy drinks and now its a case of still water,virtually no chocolates etc and now i cycle every day here where i live and go and see a P.T once a week for 1.5 hours to work out on my other areas:biggrin:

5 May 2007 21s9lbs
25 August 2007 20s3lbs
6 March 2008 17s0lbs height 5ft10ish

sorry ,but dont know what the jolly foreigner equivalent is:smile:

Twenty Inch said:
Well done Gezza. You must be the only taxi driver to be LOSING weight in London.

That's impressive weight loss. Keep us updated, won't you?

there are a few other cabbies who weigh and have less girth than me,not much:smile:

regarding the update have a look on the Kingston Wheelers cc website and look for gezza,gerry rosen and gezzas journal etc(next edition due out end of the week:smile:

today in prep for the etape with a club mate 105k through the Surrey Hills & North Downs,5 hills ride time 4hrs 55mins avg 22.7k,not the fastest ,but next monday ,i finally get my spesh roubaix expert !!!!!!! woohoo !!!!!!!

Top Bottom