Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
My scale finally arrived from the UK this week and I had the courage to step on it today.... How to put it in a nice way? There is no nice way... 98 kilos...(1.78 cm/ 5'10'')

Time to start doing something else here... Two weeks and counting off the bike...

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Weighed myself and i have put on weight since xmas, but i have been doing press ups/pull ups , core work and my trousers are not any tighter . Im farking heavyweight 150 lbs at 5 foot 7

There don't seem to have been many updates recently, so I thought I'd add more.

Started the year off at 78kg. Hardly surprising after the back issues last year which had me at 63kg when they started. 8 months confined to bed doesn't do much for you.

My aim is to get back to a maximum of 65kg, ideally 60kg. Realistically I'll be happy between those 2.

My last weigh in 2 weeks ago had me down to 71.2kg on the 21st February. I've been ill since then with gastric flu and am still on steroids recovering from it so haven't watched my diet as closely but have kept it below 1200 calories plus exercise calories (I'm all walking a lot for physio). But on the bright side, I'm off the morphine. Yeh.

I might pick up the courage to stand on the scales again next week but I don't think I have put anything back on luckily... I just hate standing on the scales after an anorexic teenage episode.... I tend to obsess about it if I'm not careful.
:blush:

MikeG

Guru
Pack in the carbs, it's that simple.

No, it isn't that simple. It is simple, but not in that way.

If you want to limit yourself to one particular category of food to reduce, then that's your choice, but the simple rule of weight loss is that CI<CO (calories in should be less than calories out), and what those calories are made up of is unimportant in terms of weight loss. Your body doesn't think "ah, carbs........let's store that for later as fat. Right, here is some fat, let's burn that straight away". It's straight-forward 2nd law of thermodynamics......burn more fuel than you put in, and you'll start using your reserves. Both fuel and energy expenditure are measured in the same terms (kilo-calories), so you just have to make sure that over the course of say a week you burn more fuel than you consume. Whichever way you cut it, whichever areas you reduce, this is the underlying straightforward truth of any successful campaign to lose weight (and of course, the reverse is behind almost every weight gain).

Personal observation on my own habits 1 or 2 days fasting and long session in the sauna + two or more moderate to hard sessions of exercise (cycling, walking or gym) per week ensures weight loss or no weight gain. Drop any of the above and on goes the weight. Proven this week when I had to drop a scheduled fasting day, weight already up again.

screenman

Legendary Member
Personal observation on my own habits 1 or 2 days fasting and long session in the sauna + two or more moderate to hard sessions of exercise (cycling, walking or gym) per week ensures weight loss or no weight gain. Drop any of the above and on goes the weight. Proven this week when I had to drop a scheduled fasting day, weight already up again.

Is the sauna bit just loss of fluid?

BikeCurious

Über Member
Despite early progress it seems like my weightloss has gone into reverse! I don't think my diet has changed but I haven't been riding as much as I'd like lately due to poor weather/family commitments. Hopefully that's about to change as the weather should be getting better and I've just started using Zwift to make turbo training more interesting.

screenman

Legendary Member
How can you be on a diet and not know if it had changed or not, the way forward is for you to be very honest with something like mydailyplate. You do not need to ride a bike to lose weight.

Steadily moved down to 81.7kg last Thursday, but by the end of the weekend back up to 84.6! :cursing:
There was a BBC program recently (trust me I'm a doctor) that basically stated if you want to weigh yourself one a week, what you should actually do is weigh yourself everyday at the same time of day wearing the same clothing (or lack of) and take the 7 day average as the weight for that week. A similar principle applies for those weighing in one a month. With yourself on the same day each week and take the 4 weekly average.

I suspect it would actually be a better way of looking at your weight loss and not worrying about daily fluctuations in your weight!

Tin Pot

Guru
There was a BBC program recently (trust me I'm a doctor) that basically stated if you want to weigh yourself one a week, what you should actually do is weigh yourself everyday at the same time of day wearing the same clothing (or lack of) and take the 7 day average as the weight for that week. A similar principle applies for those weighing in one a month. With yourself on the same day each week and take the 4 weekly average.

I suspect it would actually be a better way of looking at your weight loss and not worrying about daily fluctuations in your weight!

Indeed - that's what I do. I weigh daily at 05:30 after ablutions but before breakfast.

image.jpeg

Lol!

BikeCurious

Über Member
I'm trying to lose weight by just eating less junk and doing more exercise. I agree though that the best way to lose weight is a calorie controlled diet.

Top Bottom