Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Last Sunday I hit 100.5 kilos...!!!

That's it..! Started Monday watching what I am eating.. It helps I am walking to school and from school with the little one..

Update on the weight coming soon.... Sclae is moving the right direction so far..

A weigh in this morning had me down to 68.8kg. That's 9.2kg lost since the start of the year. (20.3lbs).

My target is 63kg ideally. That is what I was even my back went on me. My max is 65kg and if I could really make it 60kg would be my preferred option. So ideally another 6kg to go and if possible another 9kg. At least I'm over half way. :biggrin:

PenttitheFinn

No, it isn't that simple. It is simple, but not in that way.

If you want to limit yourself to one particular category of food to reduce, then that's your choice, but the simple rule of weight loss is that CI<CO (calories in should be less than calories out), and what those calories are made up of is unimportant in terms of weight loss. Your body doesn't think "ah, carbs........let's store that for later as fat. Right, here is some fat, let's burn that straight away". It's straight-forward 2nd law of thermodynamics......burn more fuel than you put in, and you'll start using your reserves. Both fuel and energy expenditure are measured in the same terms (kilo-calories), so you just have to make sure that over the course of say a week you burn more fuel than you consume. Whichever way you cut it, whichever areas you reduce, this is the underlying straightforward truth of any successful campaign to lose weight (and of course, the reverse is behind almost every weight gain).
The problem is the way Calories are calculated. Recently a TV doctor (can't remember what program) on a calorie controlled diet replaced 400 calories per day across all food stuffs with 400 calories of raw nuts, and his weight dropped off, as it is not possible for the digestive system to break down the fats and proteins in nuts efficiently.

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
And I restarted the weight battle...
Actually this is the second week I am at it..
The first week I lost only 300 grams... Had my calorie count thingui way up..!
The second week finished today and it was much harder but better.. I lost 2.1 kilos and I am sitting at 96.7 kilos as we speak..
I hope I can keep up..! Want to get to 90 kilos..

A weigh in this morning had me down to 68.8kg. That's 9.2kg lost since the start of the year. (20.3lbs).

My target is 63kg ideally. That is what I was even my back went on me. My max is 65kg and if I could really make it 60kg would be my preferred option. So ideally another 6kg to go and if possible another 9kg. At least I'm over half way. :biggrin:

My last but one weigh in before the scales spend 3 months away from 'home'

I started off at 78kg at the beginning of the year. Had a slight blip during the 3 weeks I was ill and weighed in yesterday at 66.7kg. So I've lost 11.3kg, almost 25 lbs!

Looking at my physical size when my back went (63kg back in Nov 2014) and my size now I can see that there are loads of things indicating I'll need to drop down to around 60kg or less to get back to the slimness I was then. Little things like the fact that at 67kg I'm still in size 12 jeans but then at 63kg I was in size 8, so instead of aiming for 63kg I'll aim for 60kg maximum instead (rather than the planned minimum of 60kg), which is roughly 9½ stone. I'll have to monitor it with measurements around hip, waist, thigh and under bust though with us moving house internationally...

So I've lost a tad over 11kg now, and have roughly 7kg more to go at least. The next 4 weeks being really busy should help!

Go for it

I've not seen any progress reports from anyone recently so..

I started the year at 78kg. My original goal had been a minimum of 13kg lost, ideally 15kg and a maximum of 18kg lost. I've had to revise that because my body isn't as fit as it used to be and I'm clearly going to need to weigh less than I used to to get back into the clothes I wore before my back went 18 months ago when I weighed 63kg (9 stone 13lbs).

So my goal has become a minimum of 18kg lost to get down to 60kg which is 9½ stone. If I can lose more, fine but... 18kg is just shy of 40lbs in old money.

Well my weigh in this morning had me at 66.3kg (10½ stone or 147 lbs) so I'm ⅔rds of the way there with almost 12kg (26½ lbs) lost.

The next few weeks are going to be challenging though because of us leaving the UK in 5 days time to go and live in a country I know very little about and have never visited, but that's part of the fun!

Smithbat

Getting there, one ride at a time.
I am back on this thread again :smile:) I didn't realise it was still going. I have many lb's to lose, but I am 24lbs lighter than last year so I am getting there. Good luck all x

Top Bottom