Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Next time I talk to my brother, I'll ask him where you can get exotic spice in Canberra.
He was not very useful :sad: He was pretty confidant that it would be there, as there are a lot of Indian IT workers in Canberra. He said some thing about maybe Belconnen, then mentioned Fyshwick market. I think he meant this store http://www.fyshwickfreshfoodmarkets.com.au/shops/te-asian-groceries/ but that looks like a typical Thai/Chinese grocers, rather than Indian.

If you haven't noticed, Asia/asian in Australia usually refers to everything except the subcontinent. Of course, that doesn't mean that shop wouldn't have Indian ingredients.

He was not very useful :sad: He was pretty confidant that it would be there, as there are a lot of Indian IT workers in Canberra. He said some thing about maybe Belconnen, then mentioned Fyshwick market. I think he meant this store http://www.fyshwickfreshfoodmarkets.com.au/shops/te-asian-groceries/ but that looks like a typical Thai/Chinese grocers, rather than Indian.

If you haven't noticed, Asia/asian in Australia usually refers to everything except the subcontinent. Of course, that doesn't mean that shop wouldn't have Indian ingredients.
thanks for trying. I had a few issues getting a couple of them in the UK as well and had to get them online in the end. Whilst they appear in everyday Indian cuisine, they are not the typical ones. I'm after replacing my asafoetida (that being the main one I am missing deperartely at the moment, but even finding it here has proved impossible so far, let along it not contaminated with fenugreek) and ironically have actually found the supermarkets to be the best source of herbs and spices except for the 'standard' ones. I have had a nosey in the Belconnen shopping center quite a few times, but Fyshwick is as of yet an unknown enterity mostly because I simply haven't had chance or time (bad back slows life down considerably).

Anyhow, we had probably better stop hijacking the Weight Watchers thread, even if it is meal planning :whistle:
Many thanks and much appreciated.
SNSSO

EnPassant

Remember Remember some date in November Member
Another month, another 4kg gone.

75kg this morning (well, 75.4 but who's counting eh?). However, despite this being my original target, there's still too much around my middle, so on we go.

Surprised myself with how stubborn I can be (although perhaps not others......as they sometimes point out). A useful quality in this scenario if not perhaps in other situations.

Last edited:

alvintc

Veteran
sooo... to save me reading 140+ pages... how does this work then?

I'm far too short for my weight, been trying to grow for the last 18 months and there's been no change in my height. I'm guessing this means I need to try & lose weight instead.

OK so 176cm/ 104kg
I cycle 25 miles a day (pretty much every mon-fri as it's my commute), reasonable going (18+ avgerage mph)
I'm about 10kg lighter than Jan this year (dropped than in 4 months), but for someone doing reasonable mileage I'd hope to be nearer 90. My target I think is 80 ish as I'd like to be faster on the bike!

So... now what?

The Jogger

Legendary Member

I'm far too short for my weight, been trying to grow for the last 18 months and there's been no change in my height. I'm guessing this means I need to try & lose weight instead.

OK so 176cm/ 104kg
I cycle 25 miles a day (pretty much every mon-fri as it's my commute), reasonable going (18+ avgerage mph)
I'm about 10kg lighter than Jan this year (dropped than in 4 months), but for someone doing reasonable mileage I'd hope to be nearer 90. My target I think is 80 ish as I'd like to be faster on the bike!

So... now what?

You need to adjust your eating, try cutting carbs and a bit of intermittent fasting, like eating in an eight hour window and fasting the rest. Keep up the mileage and that should be it.

EnPassant

Remember Remember some date in November Member

OK so 176cm/ 104kg

So... now what?
Oh I don't think this place is exactly a diet plan as such.
I think it's more of a 'publish your weight to the world and use that as an incentive not to fail' deal. At least that's how I'm treating it. How much of a stuff the world actually gives may be moot of course ;).

Eat less, exercise more. Or at least that's what I'm trying. The first of those is the harder part for me.

I've only been here for 5 minutes though, others may have a different take. Good luck, keep at it.

greekonabike

President of the 'Democratic Republic' of GOAB
I started dieting on the 1st September weighing somewhere above 18st 7lbs with a BMI of 41.8.

I've only been cycling for the past week as I was away for work for a couple of months but I'm gradually increasing the distance of my rides on a daily basis.

I'm currently 16st 13lbs with a BMI of 38.2 and I hope to get down to about 14st 7lbs through healthy eating and cycling.

GOAB

WelshJon

My early 2017 plan is to lose 2kg body fat to then be able to justify buying a bike which is 2kg lighter than my current

MarkF

Guru

OK so 176cm/ 104kg

So... now what?

Stop eating so much.

I'm only a bit taller at 1.83, but always weigh between 82-84, I am not thin either. I walk a lot every day, and cycle commute some days 10 miles, that is more or less matched by your cycling. You have got to be eating far too much, and probably not good stuff? I never diet, but I won't eat crap

Top Bottom