Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BikeCurious

Über Member
Having regained everything I lost last year I'm starting again at 88kg with a target of 78kg. In the past I've had good results by "just riding more" but really to make good progress I need to look at the diet too. I've just joined MyFitnessPal which is quite eye opening. I previously had no idea how many calories I was consuming. Now I can see if I have those 4 chocolate hob nobs during the day I won't have enough calories left to have dinner in the evening! The hard part now is sticking to the calorie target.

Part time cyclist

Über Member
went back to weight watchers last week and i had put on 30.5 lbs in 4 months so no longer a non paying gold member......... weighing in at 15st 12lbs , i have been very focused this week and cycled shed loads of miles and lo and behold 6.5lbs off............ over the moon is an understatement

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Good morning folks..!

So like everyone else I am struggling with my weight... As much as I like to ride I like to eat....

At 1.78cm/ 5'10'' I am at 99 kilos/ 217 lbs or so....

After that introduction I was wondering if anyone ever tried a low carb diet..?? (I stopped eating sugar and starches last week) on top of counting the calories i eat..

First week was good, lost a kilo and seems to stay off of me so far... But damned Is hard to find replacements for breakfasts without sugar..!!! The only sugar I am taking in is the one that fresh fruits and veggies have...

Thanks for any advice you can give me..

P.

si_c

Guru
Lo
Good morning folks..!

So like everyone else I am struggling with my weight... As much as I like to ride I like to eat....

At 1.78cm/ 5'10'' I am at 99 kilos/ 217 lbs or so....

After that introduction I was wondering if anyone ever tried a low carb diet..?? (I stopped eating sugar and starches last week) on top of counting the calories i eat..

First week was good, lost a kilo and seems to stay off of me so far... But damned Is hard to find replacements for breakfasts without sugar..!!! The only sugar I am taking in is the one that fresh fruits and veggies have...

Thanks for any advice you can give me..

P.
Low carb breakfast isn't too hard, try eggs. Add some avocado, perhaps some bacon. Make an omelette of it. It may be high calorie, but you don't get hungry again like you do with cereal.

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Lo

Low carb breakfast isn't too hard, try eggs. Add some avocado, perhaps some bacon. Make an omelette of it. It may be high calorie, but you don't get hungry again like you do with cereal.

Agree..! And I been doing that.. Just that I am getting tired of eggs.. Already using tofu one day eggs the next ont to avoid getting too tired of it..

Thanks for the advice.. And yes that is the good part of it you do not get hungry right away with this breakfasts

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I lost a load in 2015 and kept it all off until about November last year, when depression bit me in the backside. I haven't put it all back on though so that's OK. I've kicked myself in the bum and have hopefully dislodged the depression's grip. So far I've lost 4kg so very happy with that. My clothes still fit, although my regular jeans are snug. My summer skinny jeans don't fit, but they never do in winter and spring anyway.
I have gone back on Exante for a couple of weeks and then will continue on with Slimming World as I like it and it suits me.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Decided to try a fasted virtual ride this morning, it wasn't easy, I didn't enjoy it and I felt like I was cycling through treacle. It's supposed to be good for improving your fat burning metabolism, improve riding economy and aid weight management.
Fasted rides, especially pre-breakfast, producing a low carbohydrate training environment, have long been publicised as beneficial for adaptation to a fat burning metabolism and its potential associated positive impacts on endurance performance.

Well all my morning commutes are fasted and I`m still a fat b..........d :laugh: I actually think it works in the beginning but after a while your body adjusts. No scientific evidence whatsoever to support this but hey ho my opinion. :smile:

Reactions: GGJ

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
80/20 rule kitchen/exercise Its pretty simple, however weight is not the only measure, last year i was about 6kg lighter than now and the only difference I noticed was how loose my clothes were, my wife reckoned I was too skinny, but the scales and BMI would argue different.

si_c

Guru
80/20 rule kitchen/exercise Its pretty simple, however weight is not the only measure, last year i was about 6kg lighter than now and the only difference I noticed was how loose my clothes were, my wife reckoned I was too skinny, but the scales and BMI would argue different.

I think that's a problem a lot of us have, we've become accustomed to increased weight on the people around us, so a healthy weight actually starts to look unhealthy. I'm not skinny by any stretch of the imagination (15st), but my MIL keeps asking Mrs C if I'm ill as she thinks I'm too thin.

martint235

Dog on a bike
You drink lots and eat lots
Ah but I didn't eat my Haribo on Tuesday. :smile:

I have actually cut down the amount I eat in the last couple of years and it's got a lot more healthy in the last year as SWMBO does the cooking now and it's all based on WW points system.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Ah but I didn't eat my Haribo on Tuesday. :smile:

I have actually cut down the amount I eat in the last couple of years and it's got a lot more healthy in the last year as SWMBO does the cooking now and it's all based on WW points system.

No booze on a school night
You can do that.

Top Bottom