Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
You do know you could lose friends by posting up rides like that.^_^

Ha..! I am hoping for the opposite effect... I hope one day people will come and join me for a ride..

I was looking at strava and if that thing is accurate it says I burned 4600 calories..! Let me open another beer...

Drago

Legendary Member
Given up with the scales. Hovering somewhere around the 265 mark, but practically any type of exercise is out at the moment.

This is a serious bummer, as when I'm active I quickly get down to a lean 235-240, a nice feeling fighting weight for my height and build. The extra 25lbs sits uncomfortably on my psyche, though I've not gone up any clothes sizes.

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Given up with the scales. Hovering somewhere around the 265 mark, but practically any type of exercise is out at the moment.

This is a serious bummer, as when I'm active I quickly get down to a lean 235-240, a nice feeling fighting weight for my height and build. The extra 25lbs sits uncomfortably on my psyche, though I've not gone up any clothes sizes.
hope you can get back to exercise soon... Besides the physical effect I feel better when I work out. Kudos for carrying your weight well..!

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Just to keep track of the progress and share it with you all...

The scale still going down..! This is the 3rd week of not eating almost any carbs and I am down to 97.2 kilos... Losing a steady kilo a week..!!

Need/want to be at 990 or less by June 3th... Have a sportive in Granada, Spain of 200 km and 4000 meters of elevation..

sarahale

Über Member
I've got about a stone to loose. Started last Sat and weighed myself last night to find 9lb down already. That can't be right so weighed myself again today after breakfast and lunch and lots of fluids and it's saying 9.5 down!

I cycle about 6-10 miles a day, walk for about an hour, swim twice a week for half an hour and on Wed went to the gym for a gentle hour. But I have an office job so the rest of the time spent still. I aimed for approx 2000 cals a day, perhaps a little less some days but went out for pizza Wed night! What is going on there!? Is it fluid? Is it dangerous to loose so much so fast? Any advice appreciated.

sarahale

Über Member
I don't have any advice to offer, but I would be interested to know how you manage to lose 9lb in a week on 2000 calories a day, because that sounds like rather a lot (of calories).

Was planning on losing it slowly as I'm only a stone over weight so not in a rush. Very odd going to see what happens this week, perhaps the scales were wrong as not a digital set.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Was planning on losing it slowly as I'm only a stone over weight so not in a rush. Very odd going to see what happens this week, perhaps the scales were wrong as not a digital set.
My old scales were very unreliable. I could step on and off them 5 times and see 5 different weights ranging from original weight plus 4 pounds to original weight minus 4 pounds.

I have some new digital scales and if I do the same with them, the weight indicated is always within about 0.2 pounds of the original. It doesn't mean that the actual readings are accurate but at least they seem to be consistent, which means that using the scales to track trends should be reliable. (I meant to try the scales out at different temperatures to see if that made any difference, but haven't got round to it yet.)

I think it was 3 years ago the last time I weighed myself and it was 11.5 stone (73.02Kg). I'm quite positive given all the crap I eat, I now weigh 12stone (76.20Kg).

Might not seem much to you? but I hate my weight. All the fat has gone to my waist and I hate it. About time I lost it and became slim (and fit) again.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think it was 3 years ago the last time I weighed myself and it was 11.5 stone (73.02Kg). I'm quite positive given all the crap I eat, I now weigh 12stone (76.20Kg).

Might not seem much to you? but I hate my weight. All the fat has gone to my waist and I hate it. About time I lost it and became slim (and fit) again.
I know the feeling - I have 7-10 kg of surplus weight, which is mainly round my waist. I would like to get rid of that this year.

If you are fit enough for it, I can recommend Spring Into The Dales on the 9th April. A few of us will be doing it and you would be welcome to join us. If you didn't want to do the whole route, you could meet us at Oxenhope and stop at Keighley on the way back.

si_c

Guru
As of this morning I'm sitting at just over 97kg, or about 5kg more than I weighed in september, part of that has been not commuting to work for 10 weeks this year so far (change in job and separated shoulder). Really not happy with that and started trying to get back to losing some weight. Aiming for as much as possible, so tracking calories again and trying to work to a 1000-1500 kcal per day deficit.

Been given the all clear with my shoulder this morning, so should be back to commuting tomorrow (40+ km per day), plus the structured training I've started doing, hopefully this will result in some significant weight loss.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Need to lose about 2 stone if I am ever going to enjoy hills again.

Last Friday was 14 stone 7 lbs (92kg).Not good on 5ft 9 .
Hopefully will be a bit less this Friday by cutting back on bread and stopping late evening grazing.

Hoping that going public on here will help me be honest with myself.
Good luck to everyone else on losing fat and keeping healthy.

Last edited:

si_c

Guru
Need to lose about 2 stone if I am ever going to enjoy hills again.

Last Friday was 14 stone 7 lbs (92kg).Not good on 5ft 9 .
Hopefully will be a bit less this Friday by cutting back on bread and stopping late evening grazing.

Hoping that going public on here will help me be honest with myself.
Good luck to everyone else on losing fat and keeping healthy.
I was 15st 2lb this morning :sad: Have put on about 8lb in the last month through a combination of inactivity and over eating, my target weight is to sit between 13.5 and 14 stone, so I need to lose between 16 and 24lb to get there, not great.

I probably need a bit of accountability to get there.

Banjo

As of this morning I'm sitting at just over 97kg, or about 5kg more than I weighed in september, part of that has been not commuting to work for 10 weeks this year so far (change in job and separated shoulder). Really not happy with that and started trying to get back to losing some weight. Aiming for as much as possible, so tracking calories again and trying to work to a 1000-1500 kcal per day deficit.

Been given the all clear with my shoulder this morning, so should be back to commuting tomorrow (40+ km per day), plus the structured training I've started doing, hopefully this will result in some significant weight loss.

Good Luck
40kms a day will add up to a pile of extra calories burned off.

My commute is only an 8 km round trip but with a long steep climb on the way home which is bound to help.Do 12 hour shifts so cant be bothered to extend it.

Banjo

Delighted after one week 3 lbs gone . Was 14st 7 lb now14 st 4 lbs .
Quite surprised as didn't stick rigidly to my plan of no biscuits etc in the evening but did eat less bread than usual.

Top Bottom