Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Congratulations to Mrs. Oft!

What average speed did you do on the ride (excluding stops)?

Scrub that question - I was going to put her numbers into an online calculator but you can do it - BIKE CALCULATOR.

Hopefully, the number of calories that it says she burns will persuade her that it is okay to eat more!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Mrs OFT and me are having a "difference of opinion".
She's been on the Slimming World regime for 2 months, and she's doing well having shed 17-1/2 lbs.
Now the weathers better we'll be going out for some longer rides. On our rides I'm often prompting her to eat little and often, to keep her energy levels up. She's telling me that she doesn't want to put back all the calories she's burning on the ride.
Last week we rode 30 miles - around the York area so no hills. She ate a banana halfway through the morning and then a small salad for lunch, consisting of a mozzarella will some lettuce and beans. At 25 miles she ran out of energy and was close to collapse at the end.
The distance shouldn't be the problem as she did a couple of 50 milers last year.
So I'm telling her "I told you so", and she's at a loss what to eat when riding those distances.
She's asked the question at Slimming World but they seem to be clueless. Their diet and recipe methods don't give any consideration to combining the sort of exercise which cycling entails.

I'm asking the same question here as I'm sure this is not a new problem.
Slimming World is great for exercising with. Things like bananas are 'free food' so Mrs Oft can eat those on a ride. She can 'syn' something like an alpen bar - I think one or two types might be her Healthy Extra, so she could take them and eat them 'syn' and guilt free.
Stopping half way and choffing a nice baked spud with beans or something could work too, again, free food.

I maintained on SW for a good 18 months (before a particularly nasty bout of depresson) and after a long ride, I just filled up on 'free food' and it seemed to do the trick, even for longer rides. Fruit was my mainstay for keeping energy levels up. That and carefully weighed flapjacks.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Been stuck at 14 stone 2 for over a week now.

Done quite a few miles lately so clearly diet is at fault.

PS

Weighed this morning now 14st 1 lb so thats 6 lbs lost since I started trying to lose weight 4 weeks ago.looking forward to going into the 13 stone range.

05/05/17 14st 0 today half a stone gone. Would really like to be in to the 13s soon.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
My weight is down slightly to 258. I'm struggling a bit while I can't exercise. Determined not to get too ooitnif shape, so have vowed that once my shoulder is mended I'm going to hammer the cycling, running, and get back onto a 6 day a week split weights routine. At my biggest I had a chest, back and waist in proportions similar to Dwayne Johnson, and I'm going to have a damn good crack at getting back that way.

Disabledcyclist40

Guess I'd better sign up here :smile:

6ft 4"

Shuffles feet

Have a need to lose the 6 stone I've gained

So that's what the ultimate aim is, be it on or off a bike, this weight will come off no matter how its done, I'm a week into healthy eating tomorrow and looking at a decent loss.

If I can get back on the bike one day, I'll get it off in no time.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Just back from a cruise all inclusive pmsl . Still another week to go of debauchery on my hols . However for the whole family , we have decided that together there is a real need to shift lots of weights! Some more than others !! :sad::whistle::laugh:

Disabledcyclist40

Right, I'm now in the 6 stone start line, ice actually list just under 2 stone already.

Its been the worse 3 years of my life in many ways, but I'm fighting.

Current bmi is 37.1
Goal bmi would be 25.2

But at 6ft 4, anything under 16 stone isn't pleasant as I've found out before

Levo-Lon

Guru
I lost about 5lbs since i stopped drinking beer about 5 weeks ago.
Im around 12st 5 atm ,id like to get to 11st 10 as im still a bit fatty..
Ive had a bad shoulder all year and its really hindering my keep fit regime

WelshJon

Currently hit a serious plateau bouncing between 66 and 67 kg.

Target weight is 65kg but finding it hard to less,whilst remaining remaining powerful on the bike.
Next tactic is to restrict carbs on non-bike days

Alex1982

Started at just over 13 stone

Been cycling for 3 years but only this year been dedicated to hitting the mileage

I do approx 150 km a week commuting to work and then some more st the weekend

Weight this morning is 11'8

pjd57

Veteran
I've been doing more miles this year than I used to.
Turned 60 so decided to make an effort to maintain my fitness levels.
Was surprised to see on Strava that I've averaged just under 100 miles a week, and I forget to turn it on sometimes.
But my weight has dropped when I didn't need it to.
5'8" and I am down half a stone to under 10 and a half.
More cakes!

Top Bottom