Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
Down 5lbs in just under two weeks now, so happy enough with that.

Still it's not been easy and I'm hungry all the time. Today I'm having a cooked breakfast, sod it.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Cooked breakfast need not be a disaster provided its not dripping with grease and fat.

Good Luck 5lb is a good start.

si_c

Guru
Cooked breakfast need not be a disaster provided its not dripping with grease and fat.

Subsidised staff canteen :dance: It's not the highest quality, but it's pretty grease free, thing is I won't eat lunch now, and I had a smaller breakfast this morning in anticipation, so it's pretty good in general terms.

Besides it's my treat to myself for a 13ish mile each way commute this week and not having any sweets or pastries at all this week.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
Weighed myself for the first time since new year. I was 13st5 and have got down to 12st13 without much effort and not much time on the bike. I cut out real ale and swapped to Diet Coke with either vodka or rum. I also avoided the kids sweets and cut out chips as a side dish.

The biggest change I suppose was to change our plates which were massive square trays which you felt that you had to fill. We're down to a standard 28cm round plate with tapered sides that you can't get as much onto

I think it was 3 years ago the last time I weighed myself and it was 11.5 stone (73.02Kg). I'm quite positive given all the crap I eat, I now weigh 12stone (76.20Kg).

Might not seem much to you? but I hate my weight. All the fat has gone to my waist and I hate it. About time I lost it and became slim (and fit) again.

Weighed myself again and I'm 12st 3.2lb (78.10kg).

I know the feeling - I have 7-10 kg of surplus weight, which is mainly round my waist. I would like to get rid of that this year.

If you are fit enough for it, I can recommend Spring Into The Dales on the 9th April. A few of us will be doing it and you would be welcome to join us. If you didn't want to do the whole route, you could meet us at Oxenhope and stop at Keighley on the way back.

Thanks for the invite, but I'm seriously unfit. Cycled 1.9miles this week and I was coughing after I got back inside. Not good. Legs were jelly when I walked up and down the stairs in the house.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thanks for the invite, but I'm seriously unfit. Cycled 1.9miles this week and I was coughing after I got back inside. Not good. Legs were jelly when I walked up and down the stairs in the house.
Hmm ... I think doing SITD on Sunday would NOT be your best option then! :okay:

Assuming that you weren't coughing and jelly-legged from having picked up some bug, have a go at 2.5 miles next time? I find that I can step up my distance by more than 10% per week if cycle regularly.

You have to start from where you are now, and build up from there. It might seem like a nearly impossible task but is amazing how quickly your body will adapt if you do the work and get enough rest in between efforts. I know that from personal experience, having lost all my fitness in 2012 due to illness. I could not ride my bike for 8 months, and at first I couldn't even walk 20 yards without sitting down to recover. Within a year though I was back up on the hills and enjoying my cycling again.

How about setting yourself the challenge of being ready to ride the 2018 edition of SITD? A year is definitely long enough to gain the necessary fitness if you plug away at it. In fact, there is a sister cycling event in October, also starting and finishing in Mytholmroyd - 'Season of Mists'. It is very tough but I reckon with 6 months of training you might be up for it!

If you feel ready to do a shorter ride in the summer and want some company, I'm sure that I could organise something with my local cycling pals.

Good luck!

Delighted after one week 3 lbs gone . Was 14st 7 lb now14 st 4 lbs .
Quite surprised as didn't stick rigidly to my plan of no biscuits etc in the evening but did eat less bread than usual.

That's a good start:okay:

I am increasingly of the view that you should not over stress about the odd biscuit. As long as the overal trend is down then it's more important to have the odd treat and be happy than starve yourself, and then say "sod this" and give up.

I am down to 75 kg from 83 in mid January, largely by cutting out the chips and chocolate and drinking (a bit) less. All this really shows is how rubbish my diet was before :wacko:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Second week weigh in this morning .now 14st 2 lbs

Thats 2 more pounds gone which surprised me as did little cycling and had a beer and curry night out.

Suspect it will get harder now so going to try and get some miles in and really watch what I eat.Which fingers crossed may get me to 13 something in a week or two.^_^

Good Luck to everyone else.

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Just to keep track of the progress and share it with you all...

The scale still going down..! This is the 3rd week of not eating almost any carbs and I am down to 97.2 kilos... Losing a steady kilo a week..!!

Need/want to be at 90 or less by June 3th... Have a sportive in Granada, Spain of 200 km and 4000 meters of elevation..

I replied to myself so we could actually track my last entry was on March 22 TH and I was 97.2...

3 weeks after the scale said this morning 94.3 kilos..! The drop is constant with the new eating habits...

10 kilos lost since December 26 TH..

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Mrs OFT and me are having a "difference of opinion".
She's been on the Slimming World regime for 2 months, and she's doing well having shed 17-1/2 lbs.
Now the weathers better we'll be going out for some longer rides. On our rides I'm often prompting her to eat little and often, to keep her energy levels up. She's telling me that she doesn't want to put back all the calories she's burning on the ride.
Last week we rode 30 miles - around the York area so no hills. She ate a banana halfway through the morning and then a small salad for lunch, consisting of a mozzarella will some lettuce and beans. At 25 miles she ran out of energy and was close to collapse at the end.
The distance shouldn't be the problem as she did a couple of 50 milers last year.
So I'm telling her "I told you so", and she's at a loss what to eat when riding those distances.
She's asked the question at Slimming World but they seem to be clueless. Their diet and recipe methods don't give any consideration to combining the sort of exercise which cycling entails.

I'm asking the same question here as I'm sure this is not a new problem.

Top Bottom