Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
So far this week I've done: 3km swim on Monday, 105 mile bike ride on Tuesday, 27 mile commute on Weds, what will be a 25 mile commute today. So why is my weight refusing to fall???

I have the same problem normally..
In my case I know that I consume more that what I burn...
Could this be your problem as well? Counting calories helped me prove this... Not that I eat any less but at least I know why the weight isn't going anywhere..

martint235

Dog on a bike
I have the same problem normally..
In my case I know that I consume more that what I burn...
Could this be your problem as well? Counting calories helped me prove this... Not that I eat any less but at least I know why the weight isn't going anywhere..
Probably to be fair. I think it's an age thing too, my metabolism would burn through calories like anything before, now I probably need to at least try to match intake to burn rate

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Probably to be fair. I think it's an age thing too, my metabolism would burn through calories like anything before, now I probably need to at least try to match intake to burn rate

Don't get old... Is a b***h an old man used to tell me...
But seriously just keep an eye on how much and what you eat.. Lets face it our bodies are not what they used to be..

screenman

Legendary Member
This 61 year old has lost 16lb in the last 6 weeks, by dropping out sugar as much as possible and of course many of the things that have it in. I swim 8k a week, gym 3 hours a week, cycle hard 3 hours per week and have an active job. I can still put on weight if I eat too much.

martint235

Dog on a bike
This 61 year old has lost 16lb in the last 6 weeks, by dropping out sugar as much as possible and of course many of the things that have it in. I swim 8k a week, gym 3 hours a week, cycle hard 3 hours per week and have an active job. I can still put on weight if I eat too much.
I don't add sugar or salt to anything so my intake of those is from what is in food. As most of my meals are now home cooked, i.e. No jars involved, my intake is pretty low ( particularly when I ignore @ianrauk begging me to open the Haribo ) :smile:

screenman

Legendary Member
I am very much of the calories in versus calories out school, I am sure others will tell me I am wrong but when losing fat you need to find what works for you.

Mydailyplate is very good in my opinion, if and a big if you are honest.

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours

Wonder if what sort of food regimen he followed?

Does it mention what he ate? Hold on.. That was you? How much did you weight to begin with?

By not eating sugars (artificial ones) and starches I dropped 1 kilo in a week... No way near the 16 stone..!!

screenman

Legendary Member
Wonder if what sort of food regimen he followed?

Does it mention what he ate? Hold on.. That was you? How much did you weight to begin with?

By not eating sugars (artificial ones) and starches I dropped 1 kilo in a week... No way near the 16 stone..!!

5ft 7 and 13st 2lb now 12 stone. As you can imagine with all my swimming and gym work it is not all lard.

Where is the 16 stone bit?

BikeCurious

Über Member
I started counting calories with MyFitnessPal two weeks ago. I'm eating 1750 calories + exercise calories targetting a 0.5kg loss per week. So far I have lost 2kg! It has been a lot easier than I thought it would be to stay within the target. I recommend it to anyone who wants to lose weight. (Other calorie trackers are available. I am in no way affiliated with MyFitnessPal)

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
I started counting calories with MyFitnessPal two weeks ago. I'm eating 1750 calories + exercise calories targetting a 0.5kg loss per week. So far I have lost 2kg! It has been a lot easier than I thought it would be to stay within the target. I recommend it to anyone who wants to lose weight. (Other calorie trackers are available. I am in no way affiliated with MyFitnessPal)

Yes I use it as well... I am aiming for 400 grams a week.. I can eat 2200 calories.. But I still go over it with ease..

Today was the cheat day and I had so far 3200 calories.. (I burn 3700 on a bike ride) ^_^

Top Bottom