1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weight Watcher's Thread

Discussion in 'Training, Fitness and Health' started by Shaun, 8 Jan 2008.

1. WelshJon

WelshJon Active Member

Currently hit a serious plateau bouncing between 66 and 67 kg.

Target weight is 65kg but finding it hard to less,whilst remaining remaining powerful on the bike.
    Next tactic is to restrict carbs on non-bike days

2. Alex1982

Alex1982 Active Member

Started at just over 13 stone

Been cycling for 3 years but only this year been dedicated to hitting the mileage

I do approx 150 km a week commuting to work and then some more st the weekend

Weight this morning is 11'8

3. pjd57

pjd57 Über Member

I've been doing more miles this year than I used to.
    Turned 60 so decided to make an effort to maintain my fitness levels.
    Was surprised to see on Strava that I've averaged just under 100 miles a week, and I forget to turn it on sometimes.
    But my weight has dropped when I didn't need it to.
    5'8" and I am down half a stone to under 10 and a half.
    More cakes!

samsbike, iancity and generaldogsbody like this.
  4. 9/10/2017.
    Height 5'9.
    Weight 301lb=21st7lb.
    First time on my Turbo trainer,3 min steady pace smallest front gear largest rear gear.I know.i know 3 min is seriously bad,i also did 5 min on my healthrider.This old thing,
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySGU-XF5oWA
    .I did get a sweat on but felt i had no energy,i'm at rock bottom.Things can only get better,this is the first time in 15 years iv'e been on a cycle.I think my seat needs to come up a bit,and my tyre preasure needs to be higher that should help.

iancity likes this.
  5. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Huge Member

I seem to be getting heavier lol , 100 miles a week by bike and about 10 miles running . Think I need to look at my diet pmsl

dhd.evans and generaldogsbody like this.
  6. pjd57

pjd57 Über Member

I've been a veggie since my mid 20's , so there's not much fat going in.

Booked a GP appointment , after the usual nagging about it.
    Turned up , on my bike this morning, very wet, to be told the doc was off sick !

slow scot and iancity like this.
  7. Lost 2 1/2lb this week,sorted my bike out.Fitted all new cables and a turbo trainer tyre.Have ordered some butterfly handlebars,i need to be sat more upright.Also i need another seat,the one i have isn't InkedInkedDSCN1070_LI.jpg adjustable and it points upwards at the front.Today is only the second time on the turbo trainer,still only did 3 min.That seat hurts,any pointers to a better seat for the larger person would be good be good.

8. dhd.evans

dhd.evans Über Member

Last weight check was bad; 94Kg (14.8st) at 5' 9".

Diet is absolutely atrocious, i appreciate that. My goal in the new year is to get myself into the best shape of my life. Anyone got any diet plans that include pizza, beer and chocolate as staples?

SpokeyDokey and MrGrumpy like this.
  9. si_c

si_c Über Member

I dunno. Mine includes, Beer, Pizza, Chocolate raisins, Jelly Beans, Fig Rolls, Pringles and Cake. My weight hasn't shifted much lately.

10. I ordered a 12in deep pan with everything on it,He said do you want it cutting in six or eight pieces.I said cut it into six pieces,i don't think i could eat eight.

Alan O, samsbike, SpokeyDokey and 3 others like this.
  11. nickAKA

nickAKA Regular

I've got over a stone off in the last 6 months by skipping lunch 5 days a week, cutting out roughly half the booze and 90% of the junk food plus doing 30+ challenging miles a week on the bike. Slow but sure works best for me, first time in nearly 20 years I can get in 32" waist kecks so happy is an understatement. Need to find a bit of balance now with the diet which will probably be more difficult.

12. Fonze

Fonze Totally obsessive , cool by nature

Chocolate, yes .. not fussed about booze but I can't give up chocolate

13. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

New Year’s Day. Tipping the scales at 105.2kg.
    Goal is 90kg in 6 months.

dave r likes this.
  14. pauldavid

pauldavid Über Member

New Years Day, 101.6kg and I’m only 5’7” so I look like a pink walking bowling ball at the moment. Last years cycling and general keeping fit was ruined by a number of health issues and related comfort eating. No excuses this year so here we go!

Target is to look less like a walking bowling ball initially

iancity and dave r like this.
  15. SkipdiverJohn

SkipdiverJohn Well-Known Member

Lose 33 pounds in 26 weeks? I reckon you're being a bit optimistic there. That's an energy deficit of 4,500 calories a week needed to lose that amount of weight.
    I'm hoping to lose 12-14 pounds and I'm going to give myself the whole 12 months to do it, as trying to rush it would mean drinking no beer for ages - and there's no way I'd stick at that for very long!.