Weight Watcher's Thread

Discussion in 'Training, Fitness and Health' started by Shaun, 8 Jan 2008.

1. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

103.2kg today. Not very impressive. Must try harder next week.

2. DCLane

DCLane Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

164lbs today, that's 2lb lost so far this year.

Will keep going ...

ColinJ and Alan O like this.
  3. ColinJ

ColinJ Hillfinder General

I am not doing much cycling at the moment so any weight loss is due to reduced calorie intake only. I haven't weighed myself for a few days but I was down to 85.5 kg (13 st 6.5 lbs) then.

I will be happy enough if I can get another 3.5 kg off by some time in March. Once I start doing more riding in the Spring it should be easy to get the last few kgs off.

potsy and DCLane like this.
  4. kingrollo

kingrollo Über Member

11st 12 or 70kg - very poor when I was 11st 6 in November!

5. pauldavid

pauldavid Über Member

Still struggling, just weighed in at 100kg so only a loss of 0.2kg again. Trying to find the positives, it’s still a loss. May just take me a while longer than I thought to turn into Adonis.

Beebo likes this.
  6. Alan O

Alan O Über Member

What are you actually doing to try to lose weight?

7. Wasn't sure I'd made much progress so far, so was pleasantly surprised to see another 3lb come off over the last 8 days.

A total of 5lbs now since I reduced my calorie intake.

Like @ColinJ above I'm still not back on the bike so apart from a bit of walking it's only the reduced intake that's making any difference.

Alan O and ColinJ like this.
  8. uclown2002

uclown2002 Veteran

70kg is 11st!

jefmcg likes this.
  9. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

101.1kg today.
    That is a good week and over 4kg since new year.

Banjo, iancity, uclown2002 and 3 others like this.
  10. iancity

iancity Senior Member

Might as well join this thread...I know I am overweight but its more the blood pressure thats concerning me so trying to lower bp which should in turn lower the weight. Currently 14:9 and 6" (and 160/95!!!). Clothes never feel comfortable and just feel....well...fat!

I am well aware of the issue, what is causing it, where I have to cut back, its just doing it, isnt it. Done it before, when I first got a bp scare and thought I can do this, and I did, weight dropped, bp dropped, but then relaxed because I did it and thought I can do it anytime now...well, anytime has been 3 years plus so need to get back on track...

So, logging in here, hopefully this will give me a bit of accountability.

Best wishes to one and all

Banjo, potsy, ColinJ and 2 others like this.
  11. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

I've been inactive due to injury and have gone up from 75 kg to 84 kg since September. Can't wear most of my trousers ( I'm 1 m 89),and I've got a gut for the first time ever. MyFitnessPal it shall be....

12. Alan O

Alan O Über Member

Two weeks in, and my weight this morning is 96.1kg - that's a loss of 1.7kg in two weeks (and 5.1kg down from my peak of 101.2kg in October).

Target of 85kg by 1 July is definitely feasible.

ColinJ and Beebo like this.
  13. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

100.9kg today.
    4.2kg lost since new year.
    Target is 90kg by June, very doable.

14. nickAKA

nickAKA Active Member

I've hit the wall a bit recently weight-wise, holding steady between 75-76Kg for the last fortnight, but the target is 74.5Kg (revised down from 78Kg at the end of the summer) so I'm on track and happy with that. My fitness is much better now, and I suspect I'm putting some muscle on my legs which is counteracting the weight loss somewhat. I did the zwift mountain event last night in a group sub-2w/kg ride which was well over an hour (which is longer than I've ever attempted on the turbo, especially 'climbing') and I must have sweated off half a Kg in fluids alone... the conservatory was wringing wet by the time I got off the bike. I skipped the joyous downhill return which makes the stats look awful but I'm determined to concentrate & improve upon my hill climbing stamina!

Alan O likes this.
  15. Alan O

Alan O Über Member

3 weeks and down to 95.3kg, which is 0.8kg in the past week and 2.5kg overall.

iancity, Beebo and nickAKA like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice