Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
2lb off since last week.

Happy with this nice slow steady progress, 8lb so far for 2018.

Another *mumble mumble* stone to get off before resuming my cycling career ^_^

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
Found it tough since Christmas, slowly but surely getting back into it ..
Upped my water and fruit intake .. not great on veggies , apart from chips

Alan O

Über Member
Week 4, and I've had a week concentrating more on fitness and strength than weight loss. I've cycled 52 miles, walked approximately 45 miles, and had a couple of gym sessions (with some weight machine work included to try to build core strength). I've had to increase my food intake as a result, but still a small calorie deficit.

The result is a modest 0.2kg weight loss, for a total of 2.7kg in four weeks. I'm now at 95.1kg, and I'm happy enough with that at this stage.

*Oh, and 1,207 "active minutes" according to fitbit, which is my highest week's total ever.

groundy74

Had a great start to Jan losing 6lbs to only go and gain 4 again!! Work pressures meant more drinking which meant more eating and making excuses.

Feb has come around and continued bad habits, however back on the bike and done 1 spinning class this week with another tomorrow morning as well as signing up for a 12 week weight loss program at a local gym. Fingers crossed the weight program is what I need to kick start shifting the excess weight plus as the mornings get lighter and warmer I plan on getting on the bike at least 3/4 mornings per week.

Alan O

Über Member
Had a great start to Jan losing 6lbs to only go and gain 4 again!! Work pressures meant more drinking which meant more eating and making excuses.

Feb has come around and continued bad habits, however back on the bike and done 1 spinning class this week with another tomorrow morning as well as signing up for a 12 week weight loss program at a local gym. Fingers crossed the weight program is what I need to kick start shifting the excess weight plus as the mornings get lighter and warmer I plan on getting on the bike at least 3/4 mornings per week.
Alcohol is one of the biggest curses of those trying to lose weight, and I'm trying to cut it out completely for as long as I can - I've not touched a drop so far this year.

But at least you're doing something positive about it, and joining a weight-loss program can give you a big boost. I definitely find that having other people around helps a lot - the communal feel at the gym is a big motivator, and a bike ride with a group seems physically easier than riding on my own.

Looking forward to your next, positive, update :okay:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
99.6kg today. Slow and steady weight loss is doing the trick. Hope I can keep the motivation up.
I find the motivation to lose excess weight isn't the real problem ... The real problem is getting complacent once the target has been achieved!

I got down to just over 77 kg (~12 stone) but then relaxed and before I knew it I was back up to 89 kg (~14 stone).

I suspect the secret is to slowly drift down the last kg/lbs so it doesn't take a big change in habits to stabilise at the target weight. After that, set a sensible margin either side of that weight, say +/- 2 kg (3 lbs). If you approach the bottom limit, allow yourself a few extra treats until you are back to the target. If you approach the upper limit, switch back to your steady weight-loss regime until the surplus has gone.

Alan O

Über Member
I find the motivation to lose excess weight isn't the real problem ... The real problem is getting complacent once the target has been achieved!

I got down to just over 77 kg (~12 stone) but then relaxed and before I knew it I was back up to 89 kg (~14 stone).

I suspect the secret is to slowly drift down the last kg/lbs so it doesn't take a big change in habits to stabilise at the target weight. After that, set a sensible margin either side of that weight, say +/- 2 kg (3 lbs). If you approach the bottom limit, allow yourself a few extra treats until you are back to the target. If you approach the upper limit, switch back to your steady weight-loss regime until the surplus has gone.
I have two problems with setting weight loss targets. One is that my motivation for achieving an arbitrary figure can wane quite easily, and the other is the same as yours in that if I do achieve a target, I then forget about it and my weight goes back up again.

So what I'm doing this time is setting myself real-life event targets to coincide with weight targets. My first target is to reach 85kg by July for the Liverpool-Chester-Liverpool 100, and the knowledge that it will help me enormously on the day is a huge motivator (especially with the memory of how much the final 10 miles hurt last year when I weighed around 99kg).

After that I'm going to set myself a target of cycling to visit family in Monmouth, probably late August or Early September, and perhaps tie that to a target weight of 80kg. That ride would be around 120 to 150 miles, depending on my start point and route, and again it's something where a bit more weight loss would make a noticeable difference.

I'm tempted to then turn that into a 7-10 day ride round Wales, which would give me added motivation - I don't know if I'll be up to that, but it has to be genuinely challenging if it's to be an effective incentive.

Alan O

Über Member
I had an enforced rest weekend after a touch of sciatic nerve pain, and I find it a lot harder resisting eating when I'm slobbing around the house rather than out doing something active!

But I dropped another 0.5kg to hit 94.6kg, which is a loss of 3.2kg in 5 weeks.

The record so far...

08/01 97.8kg
15/01 97.0kg (-0.8kg)
22/01 96.1kg (-1.7kg)
29/01 95.3kg (-2.5kg)
05/02 95.1kg (-2.7kg)
12/02 94.6kg (-3.2kg)

potsy

Rambler
2lb off this last week.. 10 in total..steady as she goes ^_^

Considering I still haven't done any exercise, apart from the occasional 2 mile walk, it's pleasing that my change in eating habits alone is having the required effect.

Once I get myself back on the bike next month I'm hoping for even better results.

Top Bottom