Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

suzeworld

Veteran
I am doing massive rides up/down/around Mont Ventoux atm, but probably over-compensating with croissants etc!
Still.
New kit looks posh, even if a bit clingy!
Great choice of stuff in this region.

1DCB309C-F3B0-4C40-932C-5F44E045218E.jpeg

Considering how much exercise I do every week, I should be running about in the shower to get wet ! Not quite as straight forward though is it !

:laugh:

I feel yr pain! It sure ain’t that simple.
And re Alan giving up booze. I used to do that as a main plank in my diet with good results- but now I have not had alcohol for ten years I have to find other stuff to give up. :blush:

Back down to 13 stone 1 today, I seem to be getting very obsessive about getting to the BMI, which for me is 12 stone 12. Start of the year I was 14.7, but fitting the kitchen removed so much weight over the weeks I did it, that I kept going.

I am beginning to feel that after 9 years of cycling to work, my body is so used to it and I don't need so much effort, that I really have to eat very little in order to keep the weight coming off. I have recently given up all meat, cheese, bread and I am living a life of porridge oats and avocados, with pasta and fish. I am now at the stage where I am beginning to think pasta is not so good for me as a refined carbohydrate, and so thinking of going to something else for lunches etc. Its all very confusing!!

suzeworld

Veteran
You certainly need not be stressed about hitting a personal “perfect” BMI.

Even minimal research on that topic will explain why. It was never meant to be used as a measure for individuals, it was designed to be about population data. Taken to an individual level, it’s often too low for strong/muscular athletes. You lost 1.5 stones, which is excellent. Do you look really lean?

You could be getting more fun out of your food than the dreary list you just supplied, so it does sound as though you’d be happier if you could shift your focus to maintain where you are rather than striving to lose a few more pounds.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Back down to 13 stone 1 today, I seem to be getting very obsessive about getting to the BMI, which for me is 12 stone 12. Start of the year I was 14.7, but fitting the kitchen removed so much weight over the weeks I did it, that I kept going.

I am beginning to feel that after 9 years of cycling to work, my body is so used to it and I don't need so much effort, that I really have to eat very little in order to keep the weight coming off. I have recently given up all meat, cheese, bread and I am living a life of porridge oats and avocados, with pasta and fish. I am now at the stage where I am beginning to think pasta is not so good for me as a refined carbohydrate, and so thinking of going to something else for lunches etc. Its all very confusing!!
You know you are very similar to me! My body I think is used to the commute , so I took up running as well. Trying to shock the body lol. Btw I lost a load of weight two years ago, reckon about a stone! Guess what fitting a kitchen lol!!

Serge

Über Member
I've just used the NHS BMI calculator to work out mine (22.4) but it stated the lowest weight in the healthy range for my height would be 8st 8lb.

Mrs Serge already thinks I'm far too skinny, I'd be emaciated if I lost another three stone!

Alan O

Über Member
I've just used the NHS BMI calculator to work out mine (22.4) but it stated the lowest weight in the healthy range for my height would be 8st 8lb.

Mrs Serge already thinks I'm far too skinny, I'd be emaciated if I lost another three stone!
BMI tends to work best for people of average height and average build, but if you're taller or shorter than average or have a muscly build, it can be way out. I have a friend who's short but powerfully built (years in the army helped). And though he is overweight these days, even his doc admits he'd have to lose a leg to get near the recommended BMI range.

I am now down to 12 stone 12
That’s 6 pounds in the last 2 weeks which had been the time when I stopped eating a lot of carbs, mainly pasta and bread and spuds

Do lunch has been mainly fish based with cauliflower
Porridge for breakfast

What I have noticed is that I don’t eat anywhere as much calorie wise but I find the cycling everyday ok
There’s no super accerlation but a steady ride with definitely more leg power

Feel more like a Diesel engine than a turbo petrol which is good as I tended to carb load before cycling home thinking I needed the energy

My goal was to get under the 25 bmi limit which requires just 2 more pounds but I am not sure when I get there what to do cause I do miss my food and I could murder a beer!

12 stone 9 today
BMI reached and no longer classed as overweight

It’s a very satisfying feeling. The no carb thing has led to a loss of 3 pounds a week guaranteed.

I don’t cycle like I used to as in racing home but the loss in weight has been great

The no carb thing has led to a much less eager appetite and one day I ate only one porridge 3 eggs and an apple
But stilll cycled to and from work without the old carb loss of energy thing

Anyway Sunday night I think I may go and have a beer!

Crankarm

Guru

Wholemeal pasta, wholemeal bread. Nuts. Porridge is carbs but slow release. Avocados are high in monounsaturated fatty acids and Omega-3. Although good for you, but don't eat too many of them. High levels of omega 3 in men is thought to possibly be a cause of an enlarged prostrate. I limit myself to one or two of them a week. No more. A balanced diet in moderation including meat. Cut out the booze.

Crankarm

Guru
12 stone 9 today
BMI reached and no longer classed as overweight

It’s a very satisfying feeling. The no carb thing has led to a loss of 3 pounds a week guaranteed.

I don’t cycle like I used to as in racing home but the loss in weight has been great

The no carb thing has led to a much less eager appetite and one day I ate only one porridge 3 eggs and an apple
But stilll cycled to and from work without the old carb loss of energy thing

Anyway Sunday night I think I may go and have a beer!

Porridge oats are mainly carbohydrate.

Top Bottom