Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spoons47

12 stone 9 today
BMI reached and no longer classed as overweight

It’s a very satisfying feeling. The no carb thing has led to a loss of 3 pounds a week guaranteed.

I don’t cycle like I used to as in racing home but the loss in weight has been great

The no carb thing has led to a much less eager appetite and one day I ate only one porridge 3 eggs and an apple
But stilll cycled to and from work without the old carb loss of energy thing

Anyway Sunday night I think I may go and have a beer!

I lost 3 and half stone on the “no carb” and am now 5ft 10 and 10 stone 12. I well remember having my first beer as a congratulations to myself lol.
I still follow low carb and have a few beers, cycling 50 miles a week and just eating sensibly helps me maintain the weight.
Well done you.

Well I had 2 beers and that was enough! Wobbly straight away!!
Steak was just lovely though

Sjw

10 10 this morning. Got fed up of yoyoing for a couple of pounds so quit jumpng on the scales.
Pleasant surprise. I'll hit target in a couple of months

I have not been on the scales since the 17th of August due to 4 differant pissups for birthdays and a leaving do, I will be back on the scale Friday , I must be still loosing as my 34 waist jeans are now very slack around my waist but getting tighter around the thighs and calfs

Alan O

Über Member
My attempt to restart weight loss in July didn't last long, mainly because I've still been riding quite a lot and that makes me hungry - and I just wasn't focused on weight loss, which I need to be. I got up to 92.3kg by mid-August from a low of 90.7kg in April. That was still 8.9kg down from my 101.2kg peak last October, but four summer months of no weight loss (though with significant fitness and strength improvement) was disappointing.

So I'm now at the end of week one of a new and focused weight loss effort, and I'm down 1kg to 91.3kg, That's still 0.6kg up from my year low, but not a bad restart - I'll feel good when I set a new year low, and even better when I break the 90kg barrier.

Serge

Über Member
My attempt to restart weight loss in July didn't last long, mainly because I've still been riding quite a lot and that makes me hungry - and I just wasn't focused on weight loss, which I need to be. I got up to 92.3kg by mid-August from a low of 90.7kg in April. That was still 8.9kg down from my 101.2kg peak last October, but four summer months of no weight loss (though with significant fitness and strength improvement) was disappointing.

So I'm now at the end of week one of a new and focused weight loss effort, and I'm down 1kg to 91.3kg, That's still 0.6kg up from my year low, but not a bad restart - I'll feel good when I set a new year low, and even better when I break the 90kg barrier.
I hope they do low calorie beer in Liverpool then cos I'm still buying you those pints on your birthday!

alvintc

Veteran
sooo... to save me reading 140+ pages... how does this work then?

I'm far too short for my weight, been trying to grow for the last 18 months and there's been no change in my height. I'm guessing this means I need to try & lose weight instead.

OK so 176cm/ 104kg
I cycle 25 miles a day (pretty much every mon-fri as it's my commute), reasonable going (18+ avgerage mph)
I'm about 10kg lighter than Jan this year (dropped than in 4 months), but for someone doing reasonable mileage I'd hope to be nearer 90. My target I think is 80 ish as I'd like to be faster on the bike!

So... now what?

OK.. commute changed (work from home largely or outside UK), diet changed & I'm now 90kg. Still a way to go but from the original post I went back up to 112kg (my twins were born, little time for anything!) so I'm about 20kg's lighter since the restart... going well but oddly I'm slower on the bike!!

nickAKA

Über Member
OK.. commute changed (work from home largely or outside UK), diet changed & I'm now 90kg. Still a way to go but from the original post I went back up to 112kg (my twins were born, little time for anything!) so I'm about 20kg's lighter since the restart... going well but oddly I'm slower on the bike!!

Great effort, keep on doing what you're doing, it's all going in the right direction and being a 'normal weight' for your height & build is far better for your health than having a higher average speed... If you're riding pretty flat terrain, this loss of speed may be down to the loss of mass as in rolling momentum? Look at the pro riders, sprinters are big units, climbers are skinny mountain goats and ne'er the twain shall meet. You'll feel real benefits in climbing as you lose weight, not so much the flats & downhill.

alvintc

Veteran
That was the plan.. however it's slower all over the show (e.g 40 minutes slower on the pru 100 this year to a couple of years ago, way harder on the mallorca 312 this year).

It's not massively flat so :scratch:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That was the plan.. however it's slower all over the show (e.g 40 minutes slower on the pru 100 this year to a couple of years ago, way harder on the mallorca 312 this year).

It's not massively flat so :scratch:
You are too tired from work and looking after young twins to put the same effort in? :whistle:

Good progress with the weightloss though - keep it up! :bravo:

Top Bottom