Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

suzeworld

Veteran
I use My Fitness Pal.
Hard to be sure on exactly how much I am using on exercises but really good for keeping accurate tabs on intake. Keeps me focused better than anything else i’ve ever tried.

I also use my fitness Pal and have done 208 consecutive days logging,just wondering what Alan O was using

Alan O

Über Member
How are you measuring your calorie intake
Essentially just reading the kcal count on everything I eat that's packaged (and estimating from web sources for fresh food) - and everything I eat, I note it on the day's list. By now I have a fair knowledge of what's in my most frequent meals, and I have a reasonable feel for what size portions of them constitute around 500kcals. And estimating that way saves faffing around with kcal values of individual ingredients - it's only an approximation, but it seems to work OK.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've had quite a few disruptions to my fasting regime due to holidays and visits from family and friends over the past couple of months. Countering that though, I have also been doing quite a lot of long(ish) bike rides.

I just weighed myself and found a slight reduction from a month ago - I am now 82.2 kg (12 st 13 lbs). 3.2 kg (7 lbs) to go now before I get to my target weight of 79 kg (12 st 6 lbs). I might get away with another kilo or so beyond that but that would depend on what I see looking in the mirror ... If I start looking gaunt again, that would be too much.

I am 1.86 m tall (6' 1"), so I think my target is a healthy one. (For those of you who use BMI, that would be 22.8)

Cycling up steep hills is much easier now that I have lost so much weight. I use to get up 15%, grovel on 20% and dismount on 25%. Now I am fine on 15%, get up 20%, grovel on 25% and ... well, I (fortunately) don't encounter many 25+% climbs so that isn't a big issue! :okay:

suzeworld

Veteran
7EB41637-4E3F-4DB5-AC74-0B9A62D0E053.jpeg

This is me using MFP photo tool.
I haven’t actually been as big as the left hand photo for many years, but have constantly struggled to get slim enough for speedy hill climbing!

I also use my fitness Pal and have done 208 consecutive days logging,

That’s good. I had nearly a year logged then “lost” my streak when I forgot to log in for some reason - really annoyed me, and even worse I let that put me off the programme for a while. :rolleyes:

I’ve made friends with a woman who’s lost her weight and done maintenance for over 4 years in there. Maintenance is the real-deal. I really value MFP for its discipline

Last edited:

suzeworld

Veteran
I have switched from museli to natural yoghurt and banana for breakfast .....is this a good move for weight loss

Possibly!

I have cut down the number of times a week I eat carbs for breakfast. My go-to now is two poached eggs on two portobello mushrooms (zapped in micro with a dash of soy sauce). Garnished with tomato ketchup.
I find I get less snack-attack during the morning if I start with protein

I know the theory is all calories are calories, but I find shifting to taking more calories from protein rather than carbs is better for me in terms of weight loss. If I don’t do much exercise or cycle I have evening meal without startch, just protein n vegetables is effective for me. On days with more exercise I fuel with carbs.

Alan O

Über Member
If I don’t do much exercise or cycle I have evening meal without startch, just protein n vegetables is effective for me. On days with more exercise I fuel with carbs.
I often do similar - something like a diced breast of chicken fried in the wok with mixed veg (or sometimes just sprouts - I love sprouts, especially wok-fried and with soy sauce) can be very satisfying.

The hardest time for me is the evening after a tiring bike ride when my glycogen is low, and I just crave for carbs.

suzeworld

Veteran
Yup.
Well after a hard day in the saddle, that’s probably a good time to eat some!
I’ve been using instant wholegrain rice from Aldi c. 47p a sachet. 2 mins in micro. Built in portion control, even if you eat a whole sachet - tho we usually share one. Quick, easy and calorie controlled!

harrison_888

Regular
I had a chat with a nutritionist last week and I’ve agreed to take on a feasting & fasting approach (essentially fasted cardio and 2 main meals a day. Ensure I prepare in advance for any foodie/drink blowouts and adjust accordingly). Fairly simple and the main aim is to reduce inches not weight.

05/07/18
5’11” - 14.1st - waist 37”
180cm - 90kg - waist 94cm (who measures waists in cm? :headshake:

I’m weighing in and measuring every 2 weeks

Top Bottom