Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
9 weeks ago I needed 42 inch waist trousers and they were a tight fit. Today I bought 38 inch waist trousers and need a belt. I'm a happy chappy.:dance:
Well done!

I thought that I had probably already got down below 38", but it turns out that I haven't yet. I'd love to have the 32" waist of my youth but 34" is probably a more realistic target.

Alan O

Über Member
I've been stuck at around 92kg for some time now, and this week I've tipped the scales at 93.2kg. It is the morning after a 68-mile ride and I did rehydrate probably excessively afterward (especially if you count the Guinness), so there might be more water than usual in there.

But at the moment, with my mileage significantly increased since May in training for my 100-miler coming up, thoughts of weight loss have had to go out the window - I just can't cut down on food and still have the energy for my rides.

Still, the big ride is in less than two weeks, so I can ease back a bit after that and focus on weight loss some more.

Biker Joe

Über Member
I've been stuck at around 92kg for some time now, and this week I've tipped the scales at 93.2kg. It is the morning after a 68-mile ride and I did rehydrate probably excessively afterward (especially if you count the Guinness), so there might be more water than usual in there.

But at the moment, with my mileage significantly increased since May in training for my 100-miler coming up, thoughts of weight loss have had to go out the window - I just can't cut down on food and still have the energy for my rides.

Still, the big ride is in less than two weeks, so I can ease back a bit after that and focus on weight loss some more.
Could be that your carb intake is too high. (and Guinness:rolleyes:) More protein is better and will keep you going longer and feel satisfied. Just a thought.:smile:

Alan O

Über Member
Could be that your carb intake is too high. (and Guinness:rolleyes:) More protein is better and will keep you going longer and feel satisfied. Just a thought.:smile:
Could be, yes, though I thought the black pudding I had with the Guinness was nutritionally balanced :whistle:

I'm not going to change anything now, so close to my big ride, but I'll focus on better balance once that's completed.

gaz71

Über Member
Due to lack of cycling and poor diet ive put on about 1/2 a stone in the last few months.Now ive had enough,starting monday im going to try to sort it out with healthier eating and more miles on the bike.Going to look up healthy meals (any tips gratefully recieved) and try to enjoy cycling again.Going to aim to lose a stone by the end of July.

Alan O

Über Member
Going to aim to lose a stone by the end of July.
That's 14lbs (about 6kg) in about 5 weeks, and I strongly suggest you do not try to do that. Crash diets almost never work long-term, and there's a big medical consensus that a gradual loss of about 0.5kg/1lb per week is probably best. It's not how heavy you are at the end of July that counts, but a year from now... and 2 years, 5 years, etc.

gaz71

Über Member
I wasnt going to crash diet,just cut down/out the needless snacks, lower the booze intake and eat healthier.I realise i was probably being a bit ambitious losing so much in just over 5 weeks but tbh i didnt realise the end of July was so close!! This year is flying by.

groundy74

Weighed in this morning at 15st 2lbs so only 2lbs left to hit 4 stone since Xmas. Cycling picking up nicely with a good group ride Tuesday doing 3 loops pushed myself first loop to stay with front group and managed an average of 19.9mph over 25miles which blew me away. Felt it in the thighs for next two days.
Realised with me its not going overboard at a weekend that enables me to lose. Too often work hard all week then go mad on beer and food Friday night to Sunday!
No Sunday drinking this weekend.

Biker Joe

Über Member
Weighed in last night, 90.2kg, so celebrated by eating a bag of chocolate raisins. Hopefully will get under 90kg by the end of this week, then aiming for 88kg by the end of July.
Excellent. So nice to celebrate. I bet they tasted good. Keep up the good work. You should be proud of yourself.:bravo:

Alan O

Über Member
92.2kg this morning, so still bouncing around +/- 1kg per week on pretty much the same diet and exercise - in this weather, it has to be fluid variation.

Big ride is Sunday, so I'll be back to focusing on weight loss after that.

Top Bottom