Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

suzeworld

Veteran
I'm sick of people telling me I look too skinny.
Yeah. You need to blank out this negative vibe. I find ppl start off encouraging but start trying to undermine me if I get near / under their weight. Jealousy!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I did a long ride yesterday (205 km) and I can feel round my waist that it made a significant difference to the flab stored there. I was a bit dehydrated when I got home last night so I waited until now to weigh myself after eating and drinking enough to top up my energy reserves.

I am down to 83.6 kg (13 st 2 lbs), the lightest that I have been for a couple of years - yay!

I have a 100 mile ride coming up next weekend which should help me get closer to 82.5 kg (13 st dead). I'd still like to get down to about 78.0 kg (12 st 4 lbs) but anything (sensibly!) below that 82.5 kg barrier would be pretty healthy for an active man, medium build, 1.86 m (6' 1") tall.

groundy74

Well after a few good weeks of enjoying myself after hitting the weight target, I have gained 7 lbs. However I am not disheartened as the plan is to start again following the advice I got from Total Loser and plan my cycling better around busy work/kids/life!!
Managed a 53 mile yesterday averaging 18.2 mph which is by far my best so far so not all bad

si_c

Guru
After a barbecue yesterday and a snack-a-thon after getting back from my saturday ride, I weighed 92.9 this morning. I was 90.3 on saturday morning though so I'm fairly sure that'll fall off this week comfortably.

Kosong

had a good week with food...no cycling as ive been at work all week (away from home) and i'm down at least 4.5lbs...i say at least because its 4.5lbs on my home scales but id been to the doctors the day after i weighed at home and was 7kg heavier than i thought :ohmy: so now i have no idea what my weight is, but i lost some during the week so all is good! will be able to do some short rides in the coming 2 weeks, which is just what i need - ive just fitted a new brooks saddle and replaced my crankset from a 34 to a 36, so it will take some time getting used to the feel of the gears again now the ratio will have changed. the saddle is going to be a literal pain in the arse to break in, i just know it...but i hope its worth it. my sitting bones and intimate areas are thanking me already, even though it feels quite hard under my sitting bones.

hope everyone has a great week!

ColinJ

i'm down at least 4.5lbs...i say at least because its 4.5lbs on my home scales but id been to the doctors the day after i weighed at home and was 7kg heavier than i thought :ohmy: so now i have no idea what my weight is, but i lost some during the week so all is good!
Well done!

I got ill a few years ago and discovered that my home scales were under-reading by 7-8 pounds. (Nurses weighed me at every hospital and clinic that I visited and all of their scales agreed that mine were wrong by that amount.) I bought some new scales which are much more accurate.

The most important thing is that scales give consistent readings so progress can be tracked reliably. My old ones could vary by up to +/- 1.5 pounds just by me getting on and off them repeatedly! The new ones give the same figure each time, or just a change of +/- 0.1 kg. (I've switched to metric units.)

I have not only maintained my weekend loss but actually improved on it. More cycling, moderate eating most days, and one fasting day have now got me down to 82.3 kg or 12 st 13.5 lbs. I should be doing another 160-240 km (100-150 miles) of cycling this week so even more weight should have gone by Sunday.

It looks like it won't be too much longer before I reach my target weight and then I will have to start eating a little bit more each day to maintain that.

Kosong

good advice - mine weigh accurately if i get back on/off again and move them to another room so i know the scales are recording accurately. the doctors *may* have been the fact i was weighed in the afternoon (instead of first thing in the morning after my usual ablutions!) plus fully clothed...was still a shock however!

well done on maintaining and improving on your loss - your cycling amounts are just fanstatic! i'd love to do a century one day but i dont know if i could hack it. would really need to work on my fitness and speed, as usually i pootle along at 10-14mph depending on pain and asthma. i may well find of course if i get 4-5 stone of weight off that im actually a pretty damn fast cyclist underneath! just went for a quick 10 miler (am doing smaller rides while breaking in this saddle and trying to get the angle and fit right as its so different to my old one!) and i was 2mph quicker than usual heading uphill out of bristol - must be the sun :biggrin:

enjoy the rest of the weeks riding! i'll be doing 15 miles of mostly hill cycling tomorrow to hospital and back home the long and hilly way...looking forward to seeing the difference of power in the new crank while crawling up some of these awful Bristol hills!!

ColinJ

Losing 4-5 stone made a HUGE difference to my cycling! It is extremely hilly here too so humping all that extra about was terribly hard.

If you plug away at it, you will get there in the end. Good luck!

wait4me

Veteran
Today I had my first ride since last year that was a bit more than a bimble.

I did 22 miles at just over 11mph average, hardly rocket pace but hopefully things are going in the right direction.

Tomorrow morning weigh-in will tell if my weight is doing the same.

Thought I’d add a pic.

20180608_151726.jpg

wait4me

Veteran
Another 23 miles today in 2 hours, weight has dribbled down to 13-11. At least that's in the right direction, but with the sunny weather it's a battle between cycling and barbys. Talk of less sunny weather coming so maybe a few more lbs will go.
Just to bore you further .....todays picture
20180611_142229.jpg

Top Bottom