Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dhd.evans

Veteran
Cut out eating crap last week no coffee and biscuits at work. Weighed myself at 115.1kg. Would like to be sub 100 kgs but will just take each kg as it comes. The starts now.

See above! I said i'd never manage it but cutting it out cold turkey i turned what was a career high of 96kg into 90kg in just under 6 months. You can do it and you will because you'll feel a farkton better for it!

Alan O

Über Member
I haven't updated for a couple of weeks, but my weight seems to have hit a plateau of 91-92kg. But though I'm not now going to reach my target weight of 85kg for my 100 mile ride on 1 July, it's still 9-10kg down from my peak, and I should at least still be able to get under 90kg on the day.

With less than 7 weeks to go, I think my focus has to shift to fitness and getting the miles in now - and at approximately 165 miles so far, May is going at about twice my usual monthly mileage. That's not a lot compared to many people, but for someone who doesn't commute (and can't - I work from home) I'm pretty happy with it.

Might as well join this thread...I know I am overweight but its more the blood pressure thats concerning me so trying to lower bp which should in turn lower the weight. Currently 14:9 and 6" (and 160/95!!!). Clothes never feel comfortable and just feel....well...fat!

I am well aware of the issue, what is causing it, where I have to cut back, its just doing it, isnt it. Done it before, when I first got a bp scare and thought I can do this, and I did, weight dropped, bp dropped, but then relaxed because I did it and thought I can do it anytime now...well, anytime has been 3 years plus so need to get back on track...

So, logging in here, hopefully this will give me a bit of accountability.

Best wishes to one and all

Well, that was January, weight now down to 13st exactly and Bp down to a more liveable 140/88 although would still like those figures to ceme down.
Just ate a bit healthier, cut out midweek alcohol and probably rode more (but its at a very sedate pace). Feel better, clothes fit and dont feel so fat anymore :-)

groundy74

Well after the joy of winning total loser and celebrating a little bit too much the weight jumped up but I've managed to get it back under control and now 2 lbs lighter than when Total Loser finished taking me down to 15st 5lbs compare to 19st at the end of January. The training for ride London's going well too with 101 miles clocked last week which is my best total to date this year. Little trip to Kiev this weekend which will limit the miles but hoping to build the miles up over the next few weeks

si_c

Guru
Today is weigh in day, but I'll do it tomorrow, after a week in Europe doing nothing but eating and drinking, it's not going to be good. Extended commute home tomorrow then I'll figure on the damage.

wait4me

Veteran
Well today I decided I need to make an effort to stop the waist line increase. Following my "MOT" at the docs then getting suggestions of taking Statins. I don't like the side effects. My cholesterol was only 0.4 above the 5 recommended max. maybe the cycling will sort it out after time.
I last rode my bike last June, then sold my road bike and Hybrid due to lethargy and some iffy car drivers.
So I'm now on a steady cycling target. I am now using a Giant CRS 4, Not the raciest but there again neither am I at 70. So here goes.

Alan O

Über Member
I weighed in at 91.6kg this morning, still stuck in the 91-92kg range. One thing I have noticed is that, since I've significantly upped my miles this past month, I've been feeling a lot hungrier a lot of the time.

si_c

Guru
I weighed in at 91.6kg this morning, still stuck in the 91-92kg range. One thing I have noticed is that, since I've significantly upped my miles this past month, I've been feeling a lot hungrier a lot of the time.
Yeah, welcome to my world.

Serge

Über Member
Well after the joy of winning total loser and celebrating a little bit too much the weight jumped up but I've managed to get it back under control and now 2 lbs lighter than when Total Loser finished taking me down to 15st 5lbs compare to 19st at the end of January. The training for ride London's going well too with 101 miles clocked last week which is my best total to date this year. Little trip to Kiev this weekend which will limit the miles but hoping to build the miles up over the next few weeks
Have you got Champions League tickets? If so, have a great time.

I loved Kiev when I went to Euro 2012, I'd go back tomorrow if I could.

groundy74

Have you got Champions League tickets? If so, have a great time.

I loved Kiev when I went to Euro 2012, I'd go back tomorrow if I could.
Yes got tickets fly out 6.30am Saturday and land back in Liverpool 6.40am Sunday so wont see much of Kiev other than a few bars and the stadium

Top Bottom