Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

suzeworld

Veteran
I weighed in at 91.6kg this morning, still stuck in the 91-92kg range. One thing I have noticed is that, since I've significantly upped my miles this past month, I've been feeling a lot hungrier a lot of the time.

Do you have access to the sort of scales that assess your fat / muscle mass? We have Boditrax in my gym, and while I know they are not perfect, I do find some consolation in my wieght not going down when the balance between these two is shifting to more muscle, less fat.

So you at least look trimmer even at the same weight cos muscle takes up less space than fat. Building muscle is not a bad thing.

Alan O

Über Member
Do you have access to the sort of scales that assess your fat / muscle mass? We have Boditrax in my gym, and while I know they are not perfect, I do find some consolation in my wieght not going down when the balance between these two is shifting to more muscle, less fat.

So you at least look trimmer even at the same weight cos muscle takes up less space than fat. Building muscle is not a bad thing.
No, I don't have those - but not having them means I can always put it down to building muscle mass :whistle:

Actually, thinking about it, the gym I use has a set, but it's been out of order for months.

Tin Pot

Guru
Diet started last week 85.9 -> 82.8, so that’s the water weight gone. I’m actually using WW meals as they’re cheap/easy. Need more protein though, may have to buy supplements.

Kosong

Have been gaining weight slowly the last few years and I've decided enough is enough. Am going to keep accountable this time as before I've never really written anywhere online about such things. I started last week...not following any plan in particular, just cutting out certain things, reducing others and tryin to stay mindful of what I'm eating. I would like to lose a stone, if not more, before my bike tour in July! 7 weeks to go...

Week 1 - weight 228.5lbs
Week 2 (today) - 226lbs, total inches over 6 measurements 191"

Not going to have time to do any regular cycling before my trip as my work schedule takes me away from home most weeks...I think I've only got 8 days at home where I can cycle between now and then! Will be doing as much cycling as I can on those days...and on the work days, well...there's not much I can do!

Got down to 184lbs (from 205 4 months ago) but put on 6lbs following my 50th birthday weekend (well, week really) where I wasnt watching/taking any interest in what I was eating drinking or exercising, on purpose.
its a sobering thought how quickly the weight can pile back on but its also a good thing, Constantly review/measure what you are doing and the weight falls off/clothes fit better/generally feel better, or lose interest/not record and watch the weight pile back on

In my experience, of course :-)

Back to reality tomorrow :-)

wait4me

Veteran
1 week ago I weighed 13st 9lb, this morning I was 13st 13lb. Bloody barbeques. That's it self control is being turned on plus although a horrible dank day I got the bike out again. Did 16 miles but it took 90 minutes. last year with my hybrid I would have been ashamed of this but with my current Giant CRS 4.. Much heavier and treaded tyres (excuses are easy for me), also baggy tracky bottoms and a hoody over my tee-shirt are not that slippery. Well no more excuses just effort now.

Top Bottom