Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
Bad week this week. Been ill and not exercising, and a bit of comfort eating has crept in - and I've regained 0.6kg to 91.3kg. I'm disappointed by my week of weakness.

I know precisely how you feel, comfort eating sets in for me far too easily. I wouldn't worry about it, as long as your overall trend is in the direction you want, then you'll hit your target soon enough.

lane

Veteran
New to this thread. Looks like a weekly posting?

Anyway in January 2017 I weighed 84.3kg. I decided this was too much and set about a weight loss programme. By March 17 my weight was down to 76.4kg. So about two and a half months to lose 7.3kg. I was delighted with this progress. After March 17 it steadily climbed and now a year later it is back at 84.4kg or where I started. Everything I lost I have put back on. Less than three months to lose it and 12 to put it back on. So now the plan is to get back down to 77kg and then the hard part - not put it back on. Weight this morning 83.1kg. Hope this weekly posting helps motivate me in the process.

Alan O

Über Member
I know precisely how you feel, comfort eating sets in for me far too easily. I wouldn't worry about it, as long as your overall trend is in the direction you want, then you'll hit your target soon enough.
Yep, I'm still happy overall, especially as I had my first ride in 2 weeks today - admittedly only a little over 4 miles to try out some new wheels, but I've got a couple of longer rides lined up for the weekend.

groundy74

Another 2lbs lost this week and discovered over the weekend I have been put forward as one of the nominees from our gym for the Total Loser competition. Rode 50 miles again over the weekend and been to my first every circuits class this morning with a spinning session tonight. Target of 14 stone looking more achievable just need to carry on as I am.
Even fitted new tyres (winter off / summer ones on) and sorted new shoes for the bike yesterday so hoping for improved speed this week when I get out.

lane

Veteran
First post on this thread was last week when I reported 83.1kg. This morning's weigh in was 84kg. Not a good start.

BikeCurious

Über Member
I dropped from 94kg to 74kg last year but I've slowly crept up to 79kg as of this week. It's time to start focusing on my diet again, I don't want to have to go back to my fat clothes.

Rowano

It's time I got serious about getting some weight shifted. Changed jobs two years ago, which meant I stopped commuting, was sedentary during the day and motorway service stations are a frequent breakfast lunch and dinner. I've tipped the scales at just over 100kg and aim to lose 15 of them. Next week is a write-off with work meetings and stay-aways which always descend into too much beer and food, but I'm making the commitment now so there's no excuse not to get shifting!

Alan O

Über Member
Another two weeks on, and I've been reasonably watchful of my eating but had no exercise at all until last week due to ill-health and minor injury - partly because illness had left me with my balance feeling off, which is very much not good for cycling. And I've regained another 0.6kg!

Still, I'm finally back to suitable fitness, and I've just ridden 129 miles in five days, including 76 miles yesterday.

It's time to put the plateau behind me and get back to serious weight loss.

groundy74

It was the final weigh day on Saturday as my 12 week Total Loser program came to an end. End result was 46lbs lost and 14cm off the waist. Delighted with the results and plan on continuing with my new nutrition plans as well as continuing the exercise. Plan is to lose another 14-20lbs by the time I ride the London 100.

Difficult week this week with work commitments and a day trip to Rome but the plan is to start an 8 week cycling training plan from Monday next week to prepare for the 100 miles. Gutted that Strava has removed their plan as this is what I intended on following, any suggestions welcome.

lane

Veteran
prepare for the 100 miles. Gutted that Strava has removed their plan as this is what I intended on following, any suggestions welcome.

Loads of 100 mile training plans online - but I would do a slow ride once a week increasing distance by 5% per week from where you are now and also two shorter but slightly harder rides per week (probably 90 mins each). Longest ride of 75 miles a couple of weeks before your 100 mile ride.

Alan O

Über Member
Loads of 100 mile training plans online - but I would do a slow ride once a week increasing distance by 5% per week from where you are now and also two shorter but slightly harder rides per week (probably 90 mins each). Longest ride of 75 miles a couple of weeks before your 100 mile ride.
That's very close to my training plans for a 100 mile ride I'm doing in July - longer rides at weekend, with a couple of shorter but more intensive rides on weekday evenings.

I'm also keeping my longest ride before the event to around the 75-80 mile limit, as I want the psychological boost of achieving my first 100 of the year on the day. I've actually just done one around that length and I'm probably fit enough for the 100 now, but I'll aim to do another similar one a couple of weeks before the big ride.

dhd.evans

Veteran
Last weight check was bad; 94Kg (14.8st) at 5' 9".

Diet is absolutely atrocious, i appreciate that. My goal in the new year is to get myself into the best shape of my life. Anyone got any diet plans that include pizza, beer and chocolate as staples?

So.... it's 5 months in and i'm training better. Eating better too. Still can't shift beer, love it too much. I cut chocolate out completely for 2 months, kept up the rest of my dietary follies and have been as low as 87kg this year but generally i'm sitting at 90kg. I'd like to be 85kg or less but i'll be honest, i can't be arsed with the restrictive dieting.

Top Bottom