Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Still at 91.5kg this week. But given that it's the run-up to easter and I've been hammering the hot cross buns. I'll take it.
I was standing in a checkout queue at Lidl today and they had a stack of hot cross buns 6 feet high right next to me - I was staring across at the top few packs and thinking that they had my name on them. I got served just in time to stop me giving way to temptation!

si_c

Guru
I was standing in a checkout queue at Lidl today and they had a stack of hot cross buns 6 feet high right next to me - I was staring across at the top few packs and thinking that they had my name on them. I got served just in time to stop me giving way to temptation!
I had to get lunch from the supermarket today (woke up late, and didn't have time to make it), walking into Morrisons and they had stacks and stacks of the extra fruity buns. I just can't help myself. That and the bag of golden eggs and the smarties easter egg that I ate today when I got home.

It's almost as bad as christmas, just when I've lost the winter weight, bloody easter!

Alan O

Über Member
A good week with a loss of 0.9kg to leave me at 91.1kg - I was lighter on Saturday, but a family Sunday dinner was unavoidable. Month by month...

08/01 97.8kg
05/02 95.1kg (-2.7kg)
05/03 92.5kg (-5.3kg)
02/04 91.1kg (-6.7kg)

That's a loss of only 1.4kg over a month in which I reached a plateau stage and had problems with water retention, and I need to make sure in April that my weight loss rate improves on that if I'm to reach my target of 85kg by 1 July. With 13 weeks to go, that's still a rate of under 0.5kg per week, and I'm happy with that at this stage.

I'm also now 10.1kg down from my peak in October 2017, and to put that into perspective for myself I walked round the house carrying 10kg in weights - the thought that I was carrying that around 24 hours per day is quite shocking! But it is also motivating.

ColinJ

A good week with a loss of 0.9kg to leave me at 91.1kg - I was lighter on Saturday, but a family Sunday dinner was unavoidable. Month by month...

08/01 97.8kg
05/02 95.1kg (-2.7kg)
05/03 92.5kg (-5.3kg)
02/04 91.1kg (-6.7kg)

That's a loss of only 1.4kg over a month in which I reached a plateau stage and had problems with water retention, and I need to make sure in April that my weight loss rate improves on that if I'm to reach my target of 85kg by 1 July. With 13 weeks to go, that's still a rate of under 0.5kg per week, and I'm happy with that at this stage.

I'm also now 10.1kg down from my peak in October 2017, and to put that into perspective for myself I walked round the house carrying 10kg in weights - the thought that I was carrying that around 24 hours per day is quite shocking! But it is also motivating.
Well done, and keep it up!

I am 27 kg down on my heaviest ever weight, but I had the 'advantage' of losing half of that very quickly by getting seriously ill, and then carrying at a more gradual rate once I recovered.

I own two 7.5 kg kettlebells. It is quite a shock to walk up and down the stairs carrying them and realise that even with a third one I would still be 4.5 kg short of my peak weight! :eek:

Drago

Legendary Member
Been running my thruppenies off daily, doing some light weight work. Down to 111.4kg, and legs looking good. Mighty good, in fact. Still no reduction in waist, but chest and back now back up to 52". I'm aiming for about 105, 36" waist, 54 chest, and whatever I can squeeze out the guns.

Alan O

Über Member
Been unwell this week, including migraines, and no cycling or gym at all - just a couple of walks over the weekend.

But the lack of exercise seems to have been balanced by the reduced desire to eat, and I'm down another 0.4kg to 90.7kg. Which is nice.

(Oh, and I bumped into a friend this week who I hadn't seen for a couple of months - and she was amazed how skinny I am!)

groundy74

Weigh day today and finally hit the 3 stone lost mark, weighing in at 15st 13lbs, the lightest I can every remember being. 2 more weeks to go on the Total Loser training program which has been superb with excellent nutrition advice and now at week 6 of riding at least 50 miles per week. Amazing what a difference you have to exercise and nutrition once you get into the swing of things.

ColinJ

Weigh day today and finally hit the 3 stone lost mark, weighing in at 15st 13lbs, the lightest I can every remember being. 2 more weeks to go on the Total Loser training program which has been superb with excellent nutrition advice and now at week 6 of riding at least 50 miles per week. Amazing what a difference you have to exercise and nutrition once you get into the swing of things.
You've either got a very bad memory or you were a very heavy child! :okay:

PS Well done - keep it up!

Thomson

Going to start trying to lose a little weight. Start cycling abit more and eating a bit more healthier and drinking more water see if that makes a difference. Tomorrows the start.

Alan O

Über Member
Bad week this week. Been ill and not exercising, and a bit of comfort eating has crept in - and I've regained 0.6kg to 91.3kg. I'm disappointed by my week of weakness.

groundy74

Going to start trying to lose a little weight. Start cycling abit more and eating a bit more healthier and drinking more water see if that makes a difference. Tomorrows the start.

My fitness app has been really useful for me as long as you are honest with yourself about what you have eaten it really helps. Also plenty of protein and lots of veg!!

Top Bottom