Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not really joined in on this. I was around 84kg before my accident. Home scales said 80, but hospital was 84. I lost a bit in hospital, but put it on whilst I was confined to a sofa for the best part of 7 months. Weight went to 94kg (confirmed by hospital scales and new digital home scales) by January 18. Needed to lose it, so hit the bike more and cut sugar out of my tea as well as not snacking and hoving a light lunch.

I lost a slow 4kg by about May. Then ended up on meds for my back pain, duloxetine. I'd tried this stuff before, and if anything it gave me a sweet tooth.

Not this time though. I was very ill the first couple of weeks, lost some weight. The on going side effects have been no apetite. Makes me feel sick when I smell food, and even worse when I cook it.

I've generally managed on plain food, soup, toast, fruit and lots of milk. Weighed in recently and I'm around 80kg give or take. I don't want to lose more as i was 78kg when a racing snake in my 20's but this loss is starting to concern me.

Thurs and Fri, no evening meal, Sat I managed half, and despite cooking sunday roast, I had toast today.

Probably need to speak to doc on next visit.

nickAKA

Über Member
Following a couple of light training weeks, last weigh-in I was still slightly north of 71kg showing a drop of about 200g last Friday morning(!)
The aim is to get down to 69kg whilst the weather holds and hopefully do some of the climbs around the peak district before I'm largely confined to the turbo.
Probably need a bit of advice on this because this is the first winter I've gone into at relative 'peak fitness' - is it realistic to carry this over into next spring, or do I need to de-train slightly over winter to recover?

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Following a couple of light training weeks, last weigh-in I was still slightly north of 71kg showing a drop of about 200g last Friday morning(!)
The aim is to get down to 69kg whilst the weather holds and hopefully do some of the climbs around the peak district before I'm largely confined to the turbo.
Probably need a bit of advice on this because this is the first winter I've gone into at relative 'peak fitness' - is it realistic to carry this over into next spring, or do I need to de-train slightly over winter to recover?

Have you looked at TrainerRoad as ‘your coach’? Roughly speaking, 4 weeks work, a week light work, 4 weeks hard again then a week of light. That ends your programme where you can rest for a week or two or race an event or do a tour if you like. Then you start another regime.

I am currently in their third speciality phase which is where you work to your peak, but instead of doing anything specific, I am doing high intensity maintenance programme. It has been my favourite so far. Much more interesting than the long distance programme I tried last time.

nickAKA

Über Member
Have you looked at TrainerRoad as ‘your coach’? Roughly speaking, 4 weeks work, a week light work, 4 weeks hard again then a week of light. That ends your programme where you can rest for a week or two or race an event or do a tour if you like. Then you start another regime.

I am currently in their third speciality phase which is where you work to your peak, but instead of doing anything specific, I am doing high intensity maintenance programme. It has been my favourite so far. Much more interesting than the long distance programme I tried last time.

Never tried trainer road but a mate of mine swears by it. We both went zwift last winter and saw pretty some impressive gains without doing much structured training within the game itself, so I'm minded to stick with what I know and already paying for (!)
Having said that, the zwift training plans seem to be pretty reliant on being able to do 4-5 hours a week minimum which isn't always doable, plus in 'off season' do you really need to commit to that? Assuming trainer road lets you tailor your plan by time requirements it may be a better way to go.

Alan O

Über Member
Weighing day, and I'm down 1.5kg in a week, to 89.8kg - a new year low and a break through 90kg.
Into a new month, and my weight has crept back up to 91.9kg :sad:

It was my 60th birthday a couple of weeks ago, and that led to cake, booze...

Back to the grindstone now - I've just been out to buy more spuds (and nothing else)!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It was my 60th birthday a couple of weeks ago, and that led to cake, booze...

Back to the grindstone now - I've just been out to buy more spuds (and nothing else)!
That's a bit of an odd choice! If you replaced 2/3 of the spuds with broccoli, cabbage and other nutritious veg, you would have healthier meals and save an awful lot of calories. :whistle:

Alan O

Über Member
That's a bit of an odd choice! If you replaced 2/3 of the spuds with broccoli, cabbage and other nutritious veg, you would have healthier meals and save an awful lot of calories. :whistle:
I should have quoted the rest of my earlier post...

My new approach? The humble potato. I'd never realised potatoes are significantly lower in calories than rice, pasta or bread - and they're more filling. I've been having just one ordinary meal per day, typically things like a 500kcal Greggs roll, beans on toast, grilled chicken and veg... Then a microwaved potato, a couple of boiled eggs, or some pickles, several times a day. I've been maintaining a deficit of a little over 1,000 kcals per day, without really feeling hungry.

Spoons47

Broccoli, spinach they are known as super foods, amazing for energy to help you exercise and burn fat. Tin of mackerel with a bed of raw spinach on toasted seeded bread, Delicious.

Top Bottom