Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alan O

Über Member
First weighing of the new month, and an unimpressive drop from 91.9kg to 91.1kg - almost all in the past week. I seriously need to make more effort this month.

si_c

Guru
First weighing of the new month, and an unimpressive drop from 91.9kg to 91.1kg - almost all in the past week. I seriously need to make more effort this month.
Definitely, same here, no weight loss at all over the last couple of weeks. On the other hand I have eaten an exceptionally large amount of crap.

groundy74

Having yo yo for a good few weeks and three weeks of constant gains, I'm happy to of got my diet back under control and have lost 2lbs this week weighing in at 15st 12lb. Hoping for around the 15st mark by Xmas

Drago

Legendary Member
A fraction under 268bs this morning. Been doing a vigorous split routine, but no more than 2 workouts a week per body part. Lots of compund work. Exception is the legs, where I've always been a hard gainer. Lots of quad work, and several hundred calf raises a day (I keep a few 20kg dumbbells dotted about the house so I can grab one whenever I walk by and smash out 30 or 40 reps).

Its working, I've suddenly started to lean up and I can see that getting trousers that fit may be a problem soon. Fortunately I'm a scruffy git and like to mooch about in joggers.

If I were a decade younger and not carrying these injuries I'd really smash it, maybe get back into power lifting, but I think I'm pushing just enough to see results and stay hungry while remaining just on the safe side of injured. I'll let it get to 270 for the psychological boost of being a big bad mo fo, then I'll tighten up the diet to get it back to 255-260 or so, although my middle is slowly contracting already.

Photos in the Retirement Thread for those with a strong stomach ;)

ic3d

I am 180 cm (5'9) / 81 KG (12.75 stone), chest is 100cm (40"). I don't think I am fat, I am too heavy though. Would like to lose some weight, but I'd like Belgian beers too mutch...

I am training 5 times a week. Swimming, running and cycling.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I am 180 cm (5'9) / 81 KG (12.75 stone), chest is 100cm (40"). I don't think I am fat, I am too heavy though. Would like to lose some weight, but I'd like Belgian beers too mutch...

I am training 5 times a week. Swimming, running and cycling.
The rule of thumb that I used was that a Pint of beer was 200 Calories and a mile of running at pace consumed about 100 Calories.
As long as it I remained " in credit " at the Calorie bank each week my weight remained pretty much constant.

Paulq

Bike Rider, Beer Drinker, Biscuit Eater.
NY Resolution and all that so here goes.

Ex-rugby player and cyclist who used to be very fit far too many years ago. I have dabbled with cycling on and off again over the years but never really stuck to it despite my inherent love of it. There's a large element of me that's just become lazy and I am looking for ways to change that.

I have a few injuries that restrict my ability to exercise but that's not an excuse for doing nothing so I am looking for (a) motivation and (b) to join this thread as an encouragement. Today I weighed in at 243 pounds which, at 5'11" is far far too heavy and it's beginning to affect me.

I have actually been unfit that long that I don't even know what I need to do to reverse that any more. Is it 'just' cycling/cardio and, if so, is it short high-intensity rides or longer more relaxed ones? Do I need to do resistance training as well?

My ideal weight for this time next year is 210 pounds and that's achievable.

The injuries I have affect my ability to exercise as I need 2 knee replacements (did I mention rugby) and have a chronic neck issue that will never improve whereby my riding position must be as upright as possible - racing geometry just won't work as craning my neck upwards causes me all sorts of issues. I am planning to buy a new bike in the next couple of weeks on C2W and will either have to look for an upright hybrid or something like this:

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/anyroad-1-2019

which looks quite relaxed but I suspect the right bike may take me some time to find...if it exists.

2019 is the year!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It appears that many Ccers are in the same position as I am and want to lose some weight in 2019.

At the moment I am 78.2kg and would like to get down to 74kg.

I eat a healthy, varied diet but am aware that I drink too much milk and have too much sugar in my coffee. I drink a lot of coffee.

My first steps is to cut down on the milk and sugar.

What are your targets and what ideas do you have to get there?
(Mod edit - this thread has been merged with the existing weight watching thread)

Last edited by a moderator:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Currently 11 stone 7 lbs. I somehow managed to put a bit of weight on whilst riding more.

So, target as per 2018 was to be under 11 stone (hit 11 stone 2 lbs at one point), aiming for 10 7 lbs though.

rugby bloke

Veteran
I am aware that I am carrying at least a stone of extra weight, which is the most significant limiter on my cycling ability. If I could get down to 10 stone 6 lbs I would be more than happy. I just need to find some self discipline, cutting out all the junk - crisps, biscuits, chocolate etc would be a big step forward.
Good luck with your weight loss.

Top Bottom