Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why are so many people obsessed with their weight? The answer is simple, if you want to be skinny, eat less. If you are happy the way you are, eat normally and exercise. Dieting only works if you do it for the rest of your life. Most people don't and weight comes back with a vengeance.

Why? Because they have dignity and understand that excess weight relates to health problems. Also, a fat gut makes it difficult to tie your shoelaces.

The answer isn't simple because "normal" isn't what it seems. According to medical and nutritional professionals, normal is sticking to the food pyramid, an arbitrary invention that solves a political problem. However, that pyramid lead us to 90% obesity, depending on how you want to define obese. Adhering to the food pyramid and eating less is impossible because the make-up in the food pyramid leads to constant hunger and cravings.

It isn't simple.

Dave7

Legendary Member
[QUOTE="steveindenmark, post: 5488281, member:

What are your targets and what ideas do you have to get there?[/QUOTE]

We could do with some clever CCr to start a weightwatchers thread AND of course keep track. Everyone who WISHES to participate gives thier required weight loss and has, say, 5 months to achieve it.
Progress (or lack of) given 1st of each month.

vickster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE="steveindenmark, post: 5488281, member:

What are your targets and what ideas do you have to get there?

We could do with some clever CCr to start a weightwatchers thread AND of course keep track. Everyone who WISHES to participate gives thier required weight loss and has, say, 5 months to achieve it.
Progress (or lack of) given 1st of each month.[/QUOTE]
Maybe something like this ;)

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/weight-watchers-thread.5974/

I have not weighed myself for over 12 months , I have no scales at home but I will weigh myself at some point this week, I know I am not going to like what I see :sad:

I weigh at least twice a day and sometimes 5 times a day. I have a scale in the kitchen and he in to that almost as a habit as I go to in the kitchen in the morning and evening. Then where I work is full of scales. So I just get in to them and see. Of course that weight is not accurate as I am wearing all the cloths and shoes etc. Still it is amazing to see how your weight fluctuate during the day.

Jody

Stubborn git
[QUOTE 5488474, member: 9609"]a good dump, 2 -3 lb. [/QUOTE]

1.5kg? :ohmy: That's some going if that figure's real.

[QUOTE 5488474, member: 9609"] Modern scales are very accurate,

My weights are always done, no clothes, just before bath and before dinner.[/QUOTE]

I was told that electronic ones are temperature dependent. So on a cold day in the morning before heating comes up, it may not be very accurate even up to a 1kg.
I think I learned it here on these forum

Dave7

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5488474, member: 9609"]this is an important factor, and if you are comparing your own weight to previously you need to have some protocols to have any sort of accuracy. Modern scales are very accurate, a good wee and I will weigh 0.8 pound lighter. A good long hot bath can knock another 1.2lb off, a good dump, 2 -3 lb. You can easily loose a pound whilst asleep (breathing moisture out)
.[/QUOTE]
So what happens if you have bath, go to bed immediately and have a dump while you sleep (and a wee of course) ?

Jody

Stubborn git
So what happens if you have bath, go to bed immediately and have a dump while you sleep (and a wee of course) ?

I did that the other night. Before and after picture attached

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScbnO_8a7fRQs3N7yPY5UZu6Evdrn0N1k-5XTSy6GEcOiu3D-z.jpg

Top Bottom