Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I get on fine with this regime:
  • No alcohol (I can't drink in moderation - it seems to be 2.5-3.0 litres a night of bitter/cider/lager or nowt, so it obviously has to be nowt!)
  • 1-2 days a week of fasting (below 1,000 cals/day, probably nearer to 700 cals)
  • 4-5 days of normal, healthy food (as much as I fancy - no calorie counting)
  • (Ideally) No more than one day a week when I have a takeaway or unhealthy treats/snacks
I am about 7 kg above the weight I like to be in summer, but it always varies about 5 kg between summer and winter so I really feel that I am only 2 kg up on where I'd like to be at this time of year. (I feel the cold a lot more when I am thin and don't ride up many big hills in the winter so this doesn't bother me.)

I'll get most of that blubber off by late spring.

snorri

Legendary Member
Excellent.
I know what I will be doing tonight ^_^:laugh:
Getting a tattoo?:whistle:

JhnBssll

Veteran
I was 107.2kg this morning, I want to get down to 95kg. I'm 183cm tall and fairly well built but carry all my excess weight around my middle. It's not so bad at the moment but I have had a proper pot belly in the past :laugh:

About 2 months ago I started structured training, at that point I was 103kg. My waist has gone down in that time despite gaining 4kg so I can only assume I have built muscle; my ftp has increased which would suggest this is the case. My aim is to continue to improve my FTP whilst losing weight, with christmas out of the way this should be a little easier.

Cutting out alcohol to save calories isn't an option for me as I've been teetotal for 911 days already :whistle::laugh: I guess ill have to cut out the sweets and choccies instead :rolleyes:

Weigh day today

12th November 82.4kg
Today 3rd January 84.3kg

Continued with the weight training and cycling on the trainer , jeans are a bit tighter around the thighs and calf’s and tee sheets tight across the back , going to readjust my intake for a few weeks to get under 80kg

JhnBssll

Veteran
[QUOTE 5489288, member: 9609"]you're a big lad at nearly 17 stone - is that you in the avatar? what weight would you be there?[/QUOTE]

That's me about 8 months ago, probably around 105kg in the pic.

nickAKA

Über Member
Trying to get "back on the wagon" post-Christmas; this year I'll be riding & running for the Huntington's Disease Association and *ideally* would like to be about 67-68Kg for a proposed 100 mile+ / 10,000 feet climbing day.
Scales this morning said 73.9Kg so 4Kg over my weight last summer; 3-4 months of graft in store I reckon!

ColinJ

Scales this morning said 73.9Kg so 4Kg over my weight last summer; 3-4 months of graft in store I reckon!
I'd say that 4 kg is more like a single month's (hardish) graft, or 3-4 month's of a more steady effort?

I want to loose about 6 kg in the next 4 months. I know I can do it quicker than that but I'd rather just nibble away at it. I don't want to be too thin in the winter!

nickAKA

Über Member
I'd say that 4 kg is more like a single month's (hardish) graft, or 3-4 month's of a more steady effort?

I want to loose about 6 kg in the next 4 months. I know I can do it quicker than that but I'd rather just nibble away at it. I don't want to be too thin in the winter!

It took me a couple of months to shift 2kg after the summer hols so I'm expecting similar now, whilst maintaining a "normal" diet at least. It comes off pretty quick until I hit 71Kgish and then it gets harder & harder. I'm 5'10", pretty average, slightly barrel-chested build so I reckon my fighting weight is probably about 71Kg which would make sense. It's a bit of an experiment tbh; I certainly feel 'stronger' at this weight but it's negated by the extra ballast when going up hill so I'm interested to see how it affects my climbing performance...

ColinJ

It took me a couple of months to shift 2kg after the summer hols so I'm expecting similar now, whilst maintaining a "normal" diet at least. It comes off pretty quick until I hit 71Kgish and then it gets harder & harder. I'm 5'10", pretty average, slightly barrel-chested build so I reckon my fighting weight is probably about 71Kg which would make sense. It's a bit of an experiment tbh; I certainly feel 'stronger' at this weight but it's negated by the extra ballast when going up hill so I'm interested to see how it affects my climbing performance...
Yes, it is easier (and probably healthier) to reduce weight slowly, especially when there isn't that much to lose.

I would climb an awful lot better with my kg weight in the low 70s but it doesn't feel natural for me to be that light and my old skin isn't good with it - I look haggard, with loose skin and stretch marks. I'll probably compromise and stick to the high 70s (~12.5 stone). That's a healthy weight for someone of my build (medium) and height (1.86 m / 6' 1").

BikeCurious

Über Member
I lost a bit last year then let it all slip.
Progress so far:
20/07/2018: 79.6kg
27/07/2018: 79.3kg
03/08/2018: 78.9kg
10/08/2018: 78.6kg
29/12/2018: 83.4kg
04/01/2019: 82.0kg

My goal in 2018 was to get back to my 2017 weight (73kg). Now in 2019 my goal is just to get back to my 2018 weight.

dhd.evans

Veteran
Jan 1st - 94.6kg
Jan 10th - 92.3kg

Cut all sugar out, only eating 'real' food, normal cycling rate and started running/back to gym as well. Want to reach 75kg by 17th April (Kinross Sportive). It is unlikely but if i can get to 80kg then i'll be absolutely ecstatic.

BikeCurious

Über Member
Weekly progress:
29/12/2018: 83.4kg
04/01/2019: 82.0kg
11/01/2019: 80.9kg

I've cut out the booze and count calories on MFP. I'm eating <1600 calories per day and trying to exercise most days either on the turbo trainer or at the gym. I'm not eating back exercise calories. I'm happy with the progress so far, the only hard part is sticking to it week after week.

nickAKA

Über Member
Lost half a kilo last week pretty much on diet alone; cut out most of the junk calories and some of the booze, ran a couple of nights and did 30-odd miles on the bike so not killing myself with exercise. I'm happy to lose weight at this pace but I'll be upping the training load as a matter of course, so hope to get to my 'fighting weight by' early Feb.
Then the hard work starts to get down to my target weight...

Top Bottom