Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I was ambling through the local M+S " simply food " and saw a greek salad bowl reduced in price so I bought it.
It tasted ok but nothing special .

Yesterday I bought the makings and knocked a huge bowl up for myself. I know that it's more a hot soup time of year but the Greek salad really hit the spot. Tasty and nutritious and not a lot of calories.

MarkF

Guru
I reckon it's harder to lose for those that don't have much to lose in the first place..................harumph............

From losing 1kg a week, I've only lost 0.5kg in over a week, not only that, but if I go to the gym then I seem to magically & immediately put on 1kg which then vanishes in 24 hours.:blink: My diet has remained the same, a tad stricter if anything, but the weight loss has slowed.

I walk 8+ miles a day, have started the gym again and have had a pretty strict diet, I think maybe my body is just not having it and has gone into survival mode. I might up my calorie intake next week and see what happens.

Starting weight - 84.7kg
Today - 81.7kg

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
This week I downloaded the My Fitness Pal App where you count your calories. It’s very easy and not a paff at all. Actually it’s fascinating. Started Monday. Mid morning I inhaled 4 Lidl hobnob-alikes. Almost a full meal!

In 3 days I’ve lost 700g according to my scales. I have been on the bike a lot and work has been physical.

Last edited:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I reckon it's harder to lose for those that don't have much to lose in the first place..................harumph............

From losing 1kg a week, I've only lost 0.5kg in over a week, not only that, but if I go to the gym then I seem to magically & immediately put on 1kg which then vanishes in 24 hours.:blink: My diet has remained the same, a tad stricter if anything, but the weight loss has slowed.

I walk 8+ miles a day, have started the gym again and have had a pretty strict diet, I think maybe my body is just not having it and has gone into survival mode. I might up my calorie intake next week and see what happens.

Starting weight - 84.7kg
Today - 81.7kg
The kg you put on after a gym session is probably water your body retains to help repair the muscle .I get the same after a long bike ride my weight goes up then drops again in a few days.

Rowano

I'm just rubbish at losing weight. Lost about 3kg in the first coupe of weeks after Xmas, put about 5 on since then. And at the same time the hills are getting steeper....

groundy74

Not been on this page for a while after a very enjoyable but weight gaining Xmas then the madness of fourteen hour days in January, I'm now back on the health kick. Weighed in this morning for the start of Total Loser which was very successful for me last year losing nearly 21 kilo in 12 weeks. Starting point today is 106.1 kg. Hoping to lose similar again this year and hoping to get out on the bike for the first time in 2019 later this week.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Jan 1st - 107.9kg
Jan 9th - 105.2kg
Jan 16th - 104.4kg
Jan 23rd - 103.0kg
Jan 30th - 101.9kg
Feb 6th - 100.6kg

I hit the 'stone in a month' target so was really pleased with that. Had a bit of a blip (read Pizza) on Friday but largely recovered for a 1.3kg overall loss this week :becool: Looks like next week I'll be dipping below 100kg :wahhey:

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
Jan 1st - 107.9kg
Jan 9th - 105.2kg
Jan 16th - 104.4kg
Jan 23rd - 103.0kg
Jan 30th - 101.9kg
Feb 6th - 100.6kg

I hit the 'stone in a month' target so was really pleased with that. Had a bit of a blip (read Pizza) on Friday but largely recovered for a 1.3kg overall loss this week :becool: Looks like next week I'll be dipping below 100kg :wahhey:
Nice. :thumbsup:

I lost 3 kilos in 2 weeks before going visiting my BIL who was desperate trying to repay our hospitality at Christmas and we all know it would be rude to refuse. :shy: I was too frightened to go on the scales on Monday but hoping to be back on target this week.

MarkF

Guru
I weighed in at 99.9kg this morning :dance:

Great stuff!:okay:

I increased my calorie intake a bit over this last 7 days and hit the gym for 3 x 1 hour weight work outs. That must have upped my metabolism and another 1kg has gone.

Weight Jan 1st - 84.7kg
Today - 80.7kg

Just 700g to go to my orginal target but I am very surrpised that it has gone so slowly as I have been very disciplined, anyway, my body now reminds me of restoring my Vespa, you get one part bang on and that then makes the next door part look crap. So I am going to carry on until I hit under 78kg, I reckon my visible body fat will be gone at that weight, then I'll ramp up the gym a bit, go back up to 80kg.............but buff.^_^

groundy74

Not been on this page for a while after a very enjoyable but weight gaining Xmas then the madness of fourteen hour days in January, I'm now back on the health kick. Weighed in this morning for the start of Total Loser which was very successful for me last year losing nearly 21 kilo in 12 weeks. Starting point today is 106.1 kg. Hoping to lose similar again this year and hoping to get out on the bike for the first time in 2019 later this week.

Feb 8th 102.5kg lost 3.6 in five days

Only managed to get on the bike once this week but been the gym every other day, officially start Total Loser tomorrow but made a start this week using My Fitness Pal and following strict diet with no carbs, alcohol, dairy, caffeine. Only on this for two weeks then slowly re-introduce foods.

Hoping for a 25 mile ride in the morning before the gym session but weather not looking great, bit wet and wild!!

MarkF

Guru
Feb 8th 102.5kg lost 3.6 in five days

Only managed to get on the bike once this week but been the gym every other day, officially start Total Loser tom Good luckorrow but made a start this week using My Fitness Pal and following strict diet with no carbs, alcohol, dairy, caffeine. Only on this for two weeks then slowly re-introduce foods.

Hoping for a 25 mile ride in the morning before the gym session but weather not looking great, bit wet and wild!!

I have no idea what "Total Loser" is, but losing 3.6kg in 5 days is surely not healthy nor sustainable? It's about 4x a healthy weight loss.

JAD

Veteran
I weigh myself every day under the same circumstances. It's amazing how much it can change- up or down - overnight! I try and correlate the change to activity and eating/drinking the day before. I think hydration is the biggest factor. And bowel movement.

I'm 6' 1" and was 11st 7.6lb this morning. My scales work to 1 decimal point so 1/10th of a pound (45.4gm) is more accurate than 1/10th of a kilo (100gm)

My wife thinks I'm obsessive and far too thin.

groundy74

I have no idea what "Total Loser" is, but losing 3.6kg in 5 days is surely not healthy nor sustainable? It's about 4x a healthy weight loss.

Total Loser is a 12 week fitness program ran at Total Fitness Gyms. The first two weeks are a detox with no alcohol, carbs, breads etc. I did it last year and lost 20.86 kilos in 12 weeks and managed to keep most of it off since. It's not a starvation or fad diet, I still eat three regular meals and count my calories just make better eating choices. It more or less follows a paleo diet plan with no processed food. The first two weeks always see a substantial weight drop and then it levels off plus I had a major blow out the weekend before I started so imagine there was a lot of bloating in my initial weigh.

Top Bottom