Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pauldavid

Veteran
I am now just under 100 kg in weight and only 5’ 7” so am fat and slightly ashamed I’ve let it get this far in equal measure.

Today needs to be the day it changes. I’ve tried before so know it’s not easy and that my previous attempts to lose weight have clearly been not good enough.

Oh well, here goes!

Slick

Guru
I am now just under 100 kg in weight and only 5’ 7” so am fat and slightly ashamed I’ve let it get this far in equal measure.

Today needs to be the day it changes. I’ve tried before so know it’s not easy and that my previous attempts to lose weight have clearly been not good enough.

Oh well, here goes!
Good luck.:thumbsup:

dhd.evans

Veteran
My scales are weird.

Jan 1st - 94.6kg - Ew.
Jan 10th - 92.3kg - 2.3kg down
Jan 14th - 92.8kg - 500g up
Jan 17th - 90.8kg - 2kg down

Anyway, hit the gym yesterday for my first 'proper' session and have clocked 3.5mi running circuits up stairs this week. Maybe I'll get that 80kg goal by April!

nickAKA

Über Member
A kilogram and a quarter off over the last week which finally gets me down to my pre-Christmas weight (why did I eat/drink so much?).
Not been on the bike since last weekend but have ramped up the running, and I'm quite enjoying it... weirdly. Never tried 'just running' for fitness or pleasure due to dodgy knees & back giving me a good excuse not to even try, but my body is holding up, I'm finding the mental side to be very similar to cycling and it's a bit less faffing about to get out & run due to the house being upside down (berluddy builders!).
This is sort-of my fighting weight now, I still feel a bit lumpy but I can fasten my pants... Aiming to get down to my able-to-wear-speedos weight (another 2-3kg) by the time I go over to Spain for my sister's 50th next month - coming back the same weight will be a challenge and will involve getting some miles in, but if the weather's fine it'll be a genuine pleasure!

(Cue "rare Spanish weather event" for all of February :laugh:)

MarkF

Guru
My weight has crept up, unusual for me. I'd like to be 80kg but normally vary between 82kg to a max of 84kg depending on season, right now though l am 86kg. I am just over 6' but carry a fair bit of muscle.

I know why, my food diet is very good, my liquid diet not so good....

A couple of days ago l used an alcohol calorie calculator and realised that if l cut my recent festive intake to zero, then I'll lose towards 1kg per week.

I'll report back in 6 weeks.:okay:

3 week interim report because I'd like to know how people are weighing themselves? I was actually 86.9kg on Jan 1st, this was on a recently calibrated set of scales at work, I used another set too on the same ward, same result. I then weighed my uniform which came in at 2.2kg, so in my undies I would have been 84.7kg. About 5kg overweight.

I've had zero alcohol, drank maybe 5 coffees, a few energy drinks (non-sugar) but the rest just water and lemon juice. My food diet is good anyway, I just took a bit more notice of it and restricted myself to 1 (200-300 cal) treat a day. My weight Friday night was 84.4kg on the same scales I now use daily, so sans uniform 82.2kg. A 2.5kg drop in a little under 3 weeks.

My target was 80kg by the 16th Feb but I am in front of that schedule plus I've started in the gym again too but I'll have to up my calorie intake a bit to cope with that. I'm now aiming for 79kg but under 80kg and I'll be happy. :okay:

Tenkaykev

Guru
That's great progress Mark. I have a set of Withings Smart Scales which I've had for several years. I'd hope they were accurate as they cost quite a bit at the time.
They connect to Wi-Fi and I've set them up so my weight automatically appears in my Google calendar. ( top tip, if your wife uses them as well, don't let on about their weight being recorded and sent to your Calendar ) :-)

Slick

Guru
That's great progress Mark. I have a set of Withings Smart Scales which I've had for several years. I'd hope they were accurate as they cost quite a bit at the time.
They connect to Wi-Fi and I've set them up so my weight automatically appears in my Google calendar. ( top tip, if your wife uses them as well, don't let on about their weight being recorded and sent to your Calendar ) :-)
Haha, I like it. :laugh:

JhnBssll

Veteran
Jan 1st - 107.9kg
Jan 9th - 105.2kg
Jan 16th - 104.4kg
Jan 20th - 103.4kg

I'm rather pleased with myself this week as I've gone through Friday and Saturday without eating a single takeaway :laugh: This time last week I had gained a kilo since the wednesday weigh in, this week I'm a kilo down. Bit of a result, although that may be swung this evening when I visit my parents for a roast dinner :blush: Either way I'm aiming for under 103kg by wednesday ^_^

MarkF

Guru
Jan 1st - 107.9kg
Jan 9th - 105.2kg
Jan 16th - 104.4kg
Jan 20th - 103.4kg

I'm rather pleased with myself this week as I've gone through Friday and Saturday without eating a single takeaway :laugh: This time last week I had gained a kilo since the wednesday weigh in, this week I'm a kilo down. Bit of a result, although that may be swung this evening when I visit my parents for a roast dinner :blush: Either way I'm aiming for under 103kg by wednesday ^_^

What else have you done besides cut out the takeaway, that is some weight drop in 3 weeks! Good luck for Wednesday.:okay:

JhnBssll

Veteran
What else have you done besides cut out the takeaway, that is some weight drop in 3 weeks! Good luck for Wednesday.:okay:

I've made a couple of other changes, I started using Huel in December which seems to really help plus I've been cutting out snacks. I'm having it for brekkie and lunch most days then eating what I fancy in the evenings. To be honest my reasons for starting the Huel weren't directly related to my weight but more my longevity; I know I'm terrible for finding quick and easy meals which tends to be takeaways or sugary snacks of some description. I've only got a bit of pancreas left and I'm teetering on the brink of secondary type 1 diabetes so keeping what's left of it in good working order is priority number 1. Huel seems to be helping me with that :okay:

I'm averaging around an hour of cycling a day at the moment too which is helping to burn some calories - I've done 19hrs57mins of cycling in 20 days so far this month :okay:

JhnBssll

Veteran
Jan 1st - 107.9kg
Jan 9th - 105.2kg
Jan 16th - 104.4kg
Jan 23rd - 103.0kg

Not quite under 103kg like I wanted but close enough :okay: My target for next week is to go under 102.1, which is the lightest I was last year :smile: Next target after that is to go below 101.5 which would be a stone lighter than when I started :becool: It would be nice to hit it next week too but we'll see how I get on :laugh:

Top Bottom