Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Aye but the down side of being able to drop weight fast is it goes back on as fast if you don't exercise, slow steady weight loss is probably more healthy as well.
That's what I've been telling myself. :shy:

nickAKA

Über Member
I've mainly been running this year as prep for some charity stuff so very little time on the bike compared to last year. Consequently I've been bumping around 72Kg (target - 68Kg) with very little weight loss once I got the Christmas dinner 2Kg off.
Thoughts thus far -
Running isn't as good for weight loss
My pipe cleaner legs are bulking up, dunno if this is a good thing for the bike or for weight loss
The aerobic engine still works fine but I just don't 'feel' bike fit.

On point 3: I went out for a ride with a mate a couple of weekends back, he's a fair bit younger & fitter than I am but after looking at his strava profile I thought we'd be pretty well matched pace wise... hmmm... left me for dead on the climbs...
Feeling a shade crestfallen, I had a look at my data and I'm not far off where I was last summer, a few seconds off at worst. So in summary, beware dark horses on shiny new Bianchi xr4's :laugh:

JhnBssll

Veteran
Jan 1st - 107.9kg
Mar 20th - 98.3kg
Mar 27th - 98.2kg
Apr 10th - 98.1kg

I've been away on business so limited food choice and minimal exercise. I've managed to hold steady so fairly pleased with that :okay: Weight loss will remain low priority for the next month or so due to further business travel and holiday but if I can prevent any significant gains over that time I'll be pleased :okay:

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
Jan 1st - 107.9kg
Mar 20th - 98.3kg
Mar 27th - 98.2kg
Apr 10th - 98.1kg

I've been away on business so limited food choice and minimal exercise. I've managed to hold steady so fairly pleased with that :okay: Weight loss will remain low priority for the next month or so duento further business travel and holiday but if I can prevent any significant gains over that time I'll be pleased :okay:
I hate being away and eating out all week, makes it really difficult.

I was away for 3 nights last week which meant eating out and pints, so I was too afraid to get on the scales at the weekend. I did make up for it after that with a couple of hikes and a couple of good efforts on the bike and was mightily surprised when after a comment from my wife I stepped on the scales to realise that finally I've hit the halfway point in my plan. 1 stone lighter and 1 to go. :training:

Struggling at the moment, power very good (for me) at 285ftp but sadly I'm just stuck at 95kg. 12 hours per week on the bike so I can't do much more.

I've even bought a skipping rope today!

Sadly depression and a huge appetite are double teaming me. Any suggestions ?

ChrisPAmbulance

September 2018 - 19st 2lbs

June 2019 - 15st 6lbs

Getting there.

durianrider

April 2001 71kg
June 2019 70kg

Im WAY fitter now though. PR's in every distance from 5min TT to 24hr solo. Been high carb vegan the entire time. Id be obese by now if I wasn't. I just love my food too much to restrict it lol.

Bx1wShvAx5_

Last edited:

MarkF

Guru
Dropped a bit more without trying, just under 79kg now. A month before I go on holiday so I am off the booze till then, should drop under my 78kg target easily.

Had to have all my pants altered, some 3" at the waist, some 2".

Mart44

Über Member
I've noticed that since stopping off-road biking 3 times a week, I've put on a bit of a paunch. Not a big one but big for me. The trouble is that I'm still eating the same amount of food as when I was exerting myself out on the hills. The dilemma is whether to take up cycling those old routes again or to cut down on food.

Also, some of the cycling I'm doing since stopping riding the off-road trails is done is on the e-bike. I don't know whether it's best to give in to age (mid seventies), accept the paunch and take life a bit easier ..or to keep getting out on the hills, exercise until I drop but eat all the food I want. I guess there does come a time for everyone, sooner or later, when easing up has to take place.

BikeCurious

Über Member
Weekly progress:
29/12/2018: 83.4kg
04/01/2019: 82.0kg
11/01/2019: 80.9kg
24/07/2019: 82.1kg

Ooops, I stopped tracking my calories or exercising for 6 months. I suppose I should be glad my weight has only gone up by 1.2 kg since January. I'm starting with the calorie counting again, maybe one day I might even have a bike ride! I just got a set of Withings smart scales this week which I'm happy with so far. Takes the chore out of writing my weight down as it records it for me!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Decided I needed to loose a few Kg's. So for the past 4 weeks I have cut out all the biccies, crisps & snacks I used to munch whilst evening lounging about and also try stop the over eating from my diet. I just love food and I love eating, that's my problem.
Since I started I have lost an average of just over half a kilo a week. I started off at 79kgs, now down to 76kgs.
I'm now at my lowest weight since my early 20's. (30 years ago)

Last edited:

BikeCurious

Über Member
Weekly progress:
24/07/2019: 82.1kg
26/07/2019: 81.0kg
02/08/2019: 80.4kg

I'm doing ok so far. I got down to 73kg in 2017, hoping to get back to that weight this year.

Top Bottom