Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill Gates

If your resting bpm is 32 consistently, you should get your heart checked (even if you are a young healthy athlete). You might have a serious issue. Look up ‘bradycardia’
(All assuming whatever device you use for measuring is actually accurate)
I had a heart attack in 2004 and again in 2007. In hospital the doctors thought I was on beta blockers as my pulse was so slow. Both heart attacks were stress related. Bike racing and squash has left me with a strong heart and definitely aided my recovery.

Drago

Legendary Member
18 stones dead on. Waist down to 35, chest up to 52. I'm feeling pretty good, light and mobile. I'm quite pleased with the weight as I've also been spanking my legs on the press, the cable, and calf raises, and they've bulked up well - previously a weak spot for me. I was getting funny looks at the bus stop the other day doing calf raises off the kerb, but dedication is as dedication does.

Pulse is 46 at absolute rest, typically mid 50's moving arouand.

Last edited:

Bill Gates

I've just been voted in this morning as Mr Sleek at my local Slimming World group. Got a certificate to prove it. Two and a half stone loss and kept off for over a year. I'll keep going along though. It doesn't cost me anything as a target member of the group and well they are all very nice people and I look forward to the meetings.^_^

groundy74

That time of year again after not just Xmas over indulging but several months and lack of riding has meant the weight has got up to 17st 6, however after one full week of healthy eating and only two trips to the gym due to work commitments in Jan, I was delighted to weigh in at 17st 2 this morning and 1cm lost from the waist.

T675Rich

last week was a fluke, only 1/2 lb this week :sad:

T675Rich

Last two weeks I have actually gained weight from 19st 12lb back up to 20st 0.5lb, managed to get down to 19st 10lb this week so I really need to try harder to keep the momentum up.

vickster

Legendary Member
Think I signed up on here this time last year and failed miserably to lose any weight...indeed come the first week of January I'd gained half a stone over the same time last year :banghead:
Saw the rheumatologist on the 7th, usual nag about losing weight and the impact that excess has on arthritic knees especially . I had been eating far too many sweets, biscuits, chocolate, cakes ...if I'm honest probably at least 500-700 calories worth a day :wacko: (plus other snacks). So I thought sod it, cutting back doesn't work, so I've pretty much gone cold turkey.
I'm still eating fruit and yogurt plus sugar in foods generally but I've cut back on the refined processed sweet stuff (I've had the odd pudding when out and a couple of pains aux raisins [my downfall lol], and a little bit of sweetened popcorn).
I stopped eating meat in August (just went off it), and I now probably have fish or seafood 3 days a week and veggie the rest of the time. Rice and pasta are weighed, brown bread, few potatoes, avoiding chips etc, I'm limiting my grape consumption [my other downfall]... other than the sweet stuff, I did dry January and I've only had a few beers since (alcohol isn't a downfall unless I have too much ^_^).
Exercise wise, cycle weather permitting (350 miles this year), gym 2-3x a week, I swam yesterday, try to walk rather than drive if going less than a couple of miles and have time.
Not really rocket science and no specific 'weight loss 'diet'...just fewer and more natural calories and more movement

Anyhow...
On 7 Jan I was embarrassingly 15st8 (98.8kg) :banghead:
....today 14st10 (93.5kg)
(and although I'm not a great believer, my BMI is in the overweight rather than obese range)

I'd like to get to 85kg and then see. I realise the next 5kg will be slower to shift than the first 5

Last edited:

MarkF

Guru
I got rid of my fat by spring last year, my weight over the past 6 months has hovvered around 78/80kg which is fine especialy as I tend to put on a bit in winter when I don't cycle. I think I've cracked it and it's all about thinking before I eat anything, I won't eat crap processed food or take aways and I no longer "treat" myself. If only I could adopt the same thinking to beer I'd hit my target weight of 76kg no problem.^_^

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Going to try and remember to log my weight every Sunday.

So I'm 6ft 3' or 190cm Currently weigh 18st 3lbs or 255lb or 115kg

I'm veggie, crisps, bread and cheese are my downfall, so this week i'm going to chose healthy options, but not really going to diet hard.
Going to exercise maybe twice, one being cycling to work, if the weather remains crap the turbo is going to be resurrected...... That's the loose plan for this week.

Sean

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have been doing my intermittent fasts twice a week for a few weeks. I could feel the weight slowly coming down so I just checked and that is 1 kg off since the start of January. I'm 87 kg now (192 lbs, 13 st 10 lbs). That is with only about 170 kms (105 miles) of cycling. Once I start cycling more then the rate of weight loss should increase.

I'm aiming for around 79 kg (174 lbs, 12 st 6 lbs). I have been less than that in recent years but I start to look too scrawny.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
FWIW, late December, I (177-178cm tall bloke) weighed around 78kg. I'm now down to around 71kg thanks somewhat to a fairly consistant Keto / low carb diet, but mostly to two week-ish long water fasts. In this time I've lost about 3cm off my chest and hips and 6cm off my waist. My target is low 60s as I've basically got no muscle mass (which is something I also want to change, but one step at a time...).

I've had a pretty crap week or two however and have really fallen off the wagon; having uncontrollably, compulsively binged on carbs recently. I'm trying to taper down my consumption of this crap and get back into low-carb, as this in iteself (done properly) loses me around 0.5kg/wk, while also making an excellent springboard for the fasting; allowing me to drop more like 2-2.5kg/wk once the inevitable partial regain is taken into account afterwards.

Biggest issues currently are emotionally-driven carb consumption (which really is like a genuine addiction) and trying to find enough foods to sustain myself on low-carb as I have food sensitivity issues which rule out a lot of stuff (some I evidently haven't even identified yet) - leaving me pretty much with unprocessed meat, eggs, dairy and a few select vegetables.

At least I can push myself on knowing that (relative to low-carb alone) I'm well ahead of schedule as it would otherwise have taken me until the end of April to get to where I am now, and that another 2-3 good extended fasts (when I'm feeling able) should see me where I want to be.

I'm also very much looking forward to getting out on the bike again once the weather improves; although my experiences corroborate the widely-held belief that weight loss is 90% diet so I don't expect riding to help too much in this regard..

Anyway, good luck to all those trying to lose weight and stick at it (not that I'm a shining example of commitment currently!).

Top Bottom