Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I find that 25 g of nuts can take the place of an entire meal. I don't feel hungry for hours after eating just 6 or 7 Brazil nuts.
I find similar once I've managed to cut out the carbs as my appetite goes through the floor and is so much easier to manage / dismiss (although do find nuts quite more-ish). Otherwise I just constantly want to eat loads of high-GI sugar & starch filled crap - bread, crisps, biscuits, chocolate.. sometimes I even find myself thinking about what's next when I've only just embarked on eating something.

Hopefully I'm getting a bit of a handle on it today, after a weekend that saw the consumption of 200g of chocolate and 200g of water biscuits, amongst other things :blush:

Kryton521

Über Member
193 cm. 106 kg!:sad:

I've changed diet to mostly vegetarian. Cut out dairy, so use Oat milk, quite like it now and better for me. Would ideally like to get down to the 90 kg area. Have to work harder on avoiding the snacks and "bad mood eating".

Drago

Legendary Member
192.5cm (that .5 is very imoprtant) and holding steady at 118kg. Weights 6 days a week, split routine, mainly medium weights and higher reps but one day of really heavy each week. Legs get a solid look in too. Chest good at 53 inches, neck 18, waist down slightly to 36 where I've been a little more careful with the junk food.

Alcohol is my biggest demon, but you only live once :okay:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Over the last 2 years I've put on 2 stone, so I was 12 stone 4, 2 weeks ago. I lost 4 lbs the first week, I will weigh again tomorrow as that will be week 2. I've been following the Keto diet religiously (I won't go into that as there's another thread on it). The hardest part for me was cutting out sugar in tea and coffee, I used to have 2.5 tsps in each drink. I occasionally get really bad sugar cravings, but being on Keto means that I can just go and snack on meat, salad or cheese. I've even had a few vodkas and a few gins (carb-free), but I don't drink anything near what I did before, and I don't really miss it. The best motivator for me is that if I cheat, I will come out of ketosis and put on weight again very quickly.

My goal is to get down to 10 stone 2 (which will result in a BMI of 22.2). But it's mostly becasue I have lots of clothes that are 30" waist, or S/M that I want to fit back into. I felt confident when I was that weight.

lane

Veteran
My goal is 11 stone 11(75kg) which will be a BMI of 22.3. Its a long time since I have been that low although only about 4 pounds off last summer. At the moment I am 12 stone 7 so have 10 pounds to loose. Just cutting down happy to loose a pound a week.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Well I did have a couple of of good weeks and weight was down to 17st 6lbs, but after a holiday I'm now back to 17st 10lbs.
I'm finding a light salad with a little cottage cheese for lunch, with a good evening meal with some carbs okay. Knocking bad snacks on the head has probably lead to my best losses.
Heres to next week and if all goes to plan 17st 5lb is my aim for the next couple of weeks

There are a few post in this topic from me but just thought I would update it.

My journey started in May 2017 at 23st 8lbs ,I don’t have a photo from then but this is in the October when I was around 21/22 stone
C256F419-ED88-456E-AC31-E828B192D15F.jpeg

I continued with my weight loss using my fitness pal app and was on 1500 calories a day,after 12months i had lost 10 stone which I maintained for a year, the next photo was taken this morning at my now weight of 12st 1lb
7CC12669-A950-450F-8CA9-3324BFFE464C.jpeg

It has not been easy and I have had plenty of cheat days and cheat weekends and still do but it is possible as shows, the only real thing I cut from my foods was sugar and cheese, I still had my curries and my beers and fish and chips and steaks but all within my calorie allowance (well.most of the time😀)

So if you are on this journey it is worth it, I am 57 now and fitter than when I joined the Royal Navy as a boy at 16 ,stick with it

lane

Veteran
Out of interest what is your height? I don't think I would look that slim at 12st 1lb and I am 6 feet.
By the way a massive well done and an inspiration. I received my order some XL club kit yesterday and it seemed a tad small. But as someone on the ride pointed out - you don't want to be ordering XXL do you! It's summer kit so a bit of time to loose some more weight.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
There are a few post in this topic from me but just thought I would update it.

My journey started in May 2017 at 23st 8lbs ,I don’t have a photo from then but this is in the October when I was around 21/22 stone
View attachment 507720

I continued with my weight loss using my fitness pal app and was on 1500 calories a day,after 12months i had lost 10 stone which I maintained for a year, the next photo was taken this morning at my now weight of 12st 1lb
View attachment 507721

It has not been easy and I have had plenty of cheat days and cheat weekends and still do but it is possible as shows, the only real thing I cut from my foods was sugar and cheese, I still had my curries and my beers and fish and chips and steaks but all within my calorie allowance (well.most of the time😀)

So if you are on this journey it is worth it, I am 57 now and fitter than when I joined the Royal Navy as a boy at 16 ,stick with it
Epic work - I bet you're justifiably well pleased :becool:

Out of interest what is your height? I don't think I would look that slim at 12st 1lb and I am 6 feet.
By the way a massive well done and an inspiration. I received my order some XL club kit yesterday and it seemed a tad small. But as someone on the ride pointed out - you don't want to be ordering XXL do you! It's summer kit so a bit of time to loose some more weight.

I am 6ft 1” ,the other benefit is I came of nearly all my medications and stoped my risk of diabetes 😀. The blue shirt I am in was a 4xl as I had lost some, all my other shirts were mostly 5xl☹️

Top Bottom