Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
It appears that many Ccers are in the same position as I am and want to lose some weight in 2019.

At the moment I am 78.2kg and would like to get down to 74kg.

I eat a healthy, varied diet but am aware that I drink too much milk and have too much sugar in my coffee. I drink a lot of coffee.

My first steps is to cut down on the milk and sugar.

What are your targets and what ideas do you have to get there?

About the same here,just need to shift about 8-10 lbs

Levo-Lon

Guru
Currently 11 stone 7 lbs. I somehow managed to put a bit of weight on whilst riding more.

So, target as per 2018 was to be under 11 stone (hit 11 stone 2 lbs at one point), aiming for 10 7 lbs though.

Muscle weighs more than fat.
So losing weight when your not really carrying fat can seem hard when you do it via exercise..

Edited..muscle gain from exercise can make weight loss seem slow as muscle is more dense ..

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
I aim to lose 7lb and re-distribute some more. My excess is around my belly....that has to go.
I seemed to have drifted out of my regime of situps and (light) weights while also cycling less.
I also consume too much dirty alcohol.
All that changes today

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Me too - I have a tyre around my waist and a big fat belly - I hate it, especially as I used to be so skinny (in my 20s)

I aim to lost a stone by the summer

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I'm currently 11 stone, I've put on 10 pounds in the last 6 months. I want to get back down to 10'2. Mostly becasue my "nice" clothes have all become a bit tight and I can't keep on blaming the washing machine

Levo-Lon

Guru
Hmmm, I reckon a pound of fat weighs the same as a pound of muscle! :okay:

Lol yes I've worded that a bit wrong..
I'll do an edit

I work and think in metric system. It is interesting to see almost all refer to pounds and stones.
My aim is to keep it under 65kg.
But this morning it has gone up again to 65.3.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Why are so many people obsessed with their weight? The answer is simple, if you want to be skinny, eat less. If you are happy the way you are, eat normally and exercise. Dieting only works if you do it for the rest of your life. Most people don't and weight comes back with a vengeance.

MarkF

Guru
My weight has crept up, unusual for me. I'd like to be 80kg but normally vary between 82kg to a max of 84kg depending on season, right now though l am 86kg. I am just over 6' but carry a fair bit of muscle.

I know why, my food diet is very good, my liquid diet not so good....

A couple of days ago l used an alcohol calorie calculator and realised that if l cut my recent festive intake to zero, then I'll lose towards 1kg per week.

I'll report back in 6 weeks.:okay:

Why are so many people obsessed with their weight? The answer is simple, if you want to be skinny, eat less. If you are happy the way you are, eat normally and exercise. Dieting only works if you do it for the rest of your life. Most people don't and weight comes back with a vengeance.

It is strange, some people care about how much they weigh and look.
Then I learned that some even don't bother how smelly they are don't even take shower or bath...

Jody

Stubborn git
I want to get my weight down to single figures again but its going to be a fair task for me requiring a complete over hall of my diet and lifestyle. There maybe some incentive in a few weeks depending on how my 'Welcome to 40+' health check goes at the doctor.

Top Bottom