Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RickB

professional procrastinator
Hi All, just popping in to ask guides on cyclist weights. I usually frequent the Bkool thread and have noticed my weight seems high compared to others, yet I'm considered a fairly slim person in real life. 6 foot, 13st 12pds, 36" waist. I dieted last year and got down to 13st 4, but to be honest it didnt feel that sustainable and my body fat percentage was in its teens.

I let it drift up to over 14 stone again but then started cycling again in Nov 2014. Not losing much weight but definitely in better shape. Anyone else of similar stature who I could compare to? National Health website suggests I lose 17.5kg!!!!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
6' 1", down to about 12 stone now, 35 inch waist. I think I could do with losing about another half a stone. At 11.5 stone I should just about have got rid of the last 3 inches of flab round my waist and be a good weight for the local hills. I'd say that I am a medium build.

uclown2002

Guru
Hi All, just popping in to ask guides on cyclist weights. I usually frequent the Bkool thread and have noticed my weight seems high compared to others, yet I'm considered a fairly slim person in real life. 6 foot, 13st 12pds, 36" waist. I dieted last year and got down to 13st 4, but to be honest it didnt feel that sustainable and my body fat percentage was in its teens.

I let it drift up to over 14 stone again but then started cycling again in Nov 2014. Not losing much weight but definitely in better shape. Anyone else of similar stature who I could compare to? National Health website suggests I lose 17.5kg!!!!

Waist to height ratio is a more effective measurement than BMI. Ideally it wants to be less than 0.5. So if your actual waist size (and not your trouser size) is 36" then you are not far off. Measure an inch above your belly button.

RickB

professional procrastinator
Waist to height ratio is a more effective measurement than BMI. Ideally it wants to be less than 0.5. So if your actual waist size (and not your trouser size) is 36" then you are not far off. Measure an inch above your belly button.
I dare say it might be slightly more than 36" but good to know I'm not too far off. ColinJ scared me there with his weight - I could never get anywhere near that.:blush: Last time I saw 12 stone was when I was 17, then took up :training: and got to over 13 stone. That was 20 years ago :excl:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Weigh day today. Another 2lbs off so that's a 17lb loss in total so far.
I am a bit chuffed :hyper:

I did buy the size 12 jeans (or Husband did anyway) for a tenner at Asda. I have tried them on and I reckon that another month should see me right. It seems that Asda sizing is smaller (probably more correct) than Tesco sizing. I reckon that Tesco 12s would fit but be a bit snug. I need a belt with my size 14s :okay:

To celebrate my accumulated second 7lb loss, last week I bought Bloom & Venus Isle CDs (Eric Johnson). Bloom hasn't arrived yet but it has a few days before it's late. To celebrate today's number on the scale, I'm off for a bike ride as soon as I can rouse Hubster from his computer game.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Weigh day today. Another 2lbs off so that's a 17lb loss in total so far.
I am a bit chuffed :hyper:

I did buy the size 12 jeans (or Husband did anyway) for a tenner at Asda. I have tried them on and I reckon that another month should see me right. It seems that Asda sizing is smaller (probably more correct) than Tesco sizing. I reckon that Tesco 12s would fit but be a bit snug. I need a belt with my size 14s :okay:

To celebrate my accumulated second 7lb loss, last week I bought Bloom & Venus Isle CDs (Eric Johnson). Bloom hasn't arrived yet but it has a few days before it's late. To celebrate today's number on the scale, I'm off for a bike ride as soon as I can rouse Hubster from his computer game.
Well done!

I have been toying with the idea of buying myself a pair of jeans now that I am slim again. I haven't had a pair for about 25 years. If I can find some black ones made from a slightly stretchy denim, and for under £20, I will give them a go.

screenman

Legendary Member

I must be under tall then^_^

Only kidding, 33 inch waist and 68 inches tall

dst87

Hey I'm new but this looks like a nice thread for me - I'll be accountable to you all for my weight loss! Hopefully that's the idea, but let me know if there are any etiquette things I'm missing. I can't be bothered going through 124 pages of replies!! I joined a wight watchers class a few weeks ago, so here's my progress so far! Weight in is Monday.

Code:
Date        Weight          Change
02/03/15    19st 10.5lb     Starting weight
09/03/15    19st 8.0lb      -2.5lb
23/03/15    19st 7.5lb      -3.0lb

Wish me luck, and good luck/happy weight loss to everyone else in this thread :smile:

Saluki

Hey I'm new but this looks like a nice thread for me - I'll be accountable to you all for my weight loss! Hopefully that's the idea, but let me know if there are any etiquette things I'm missing. I can't be bothered going through 124 pages of replies!! I joined a wight watchers class a few weeks ago, so here's my progress so far! Weight in is Monday.

Code:
Date        Weight          Change
02/03/15    19st 10.5lb     Starting weight
09/03/15    19st 8.0lb      -2.5lb
23/03/15    19st 7.5lb      -3.0lb

Wish me luck, and good luck/happy weight loss to everyone else in this thread :smile:

You are very welcome to join this thread. We are all in the same boat. Don't forget, on WW, that you can eat half your exercise points back. Technically you can eat all the points back but what would be the point of the exercise. Do eat some of the points back though, food is fuel and your body is an engine. No point conking out and needing to be pushed all the way to a bowl of porridge.:hungry:

dst87

You are very welcome to join this thread. We are all in the same boat. Don't forget, on WW, that you can eat half your exercise points back. Technically you can eat all the points back but what would be the point of the exercise. Do eat some of the points back though, food is fuel and your body is an engine. No point conking out and needing to be pushed all the way to a bowl of porridge.:hungry:

Thanks! Yeah I'm still quite new to WW and to be honest this week (starting Monday) is the first week I've been tracking everything 100% and feeling really driven.

I've got such a stupidly high daily allowance (59 ProPoints) that I normally don't use them all if I'm being sensible, or I eat the in-meeting chocolate bars for 2PP. I need to get some healthy snacks that I can use between meals. Suggestions welcome! The app is strange. I'm mostly walking at the moment for exercise until I take the plunge on a bike. This week I have 14 Activity PP so far but stuff seems to come off the weekly points rather than the activity points first. Is that right?

Saluki

Not a clue @dst87 I did WW ages ago but they were the regular points, not the pro points. I hit goal just as the pp arrived. I have put on a bit of weight again with a spot of depression but I am only 7lbs off where I left WW. I could have carried on but I moved house instead and never got back into the WW groove.
Fruit, I believe is free food now and high in carbs so good for riding. I cannot imagine what 59 pp worth of food looks like. I struggled stuffing 29 points down when they changed. So you have 59pp a day plus the additional 49pp over the week in case you need the extra? I don't think that I have that much food in the house :laugh:
WW bars are nice. Perfect to take on a ride.

dst87

Not a clue @dst87 I did WW ages ago but they were the regular points, not the pro points. I hit goal just as the pp arrived. I have put on a bit of weight again with a spot of depression but I am only 7lbs off where I left WW. I could have carried on but I moved house instead and never got back into the WW groove.
Fruit, I believe is free food now and high in carbs so good for riding. I cannot imagine what 59 pp worth of food looks like. I struggled stuffing 29 points down when they changed. So you have 59pp a day plus the additional 49pp over the week in case you need the extra? I don't think that I have that much food in the house :laugh:
WW bars are nice. Perfect to take on a ride.

Oh sorry I assumed from your previous comment you were still with WW! Sorry to hear about your depression, I've had friends in the same boat and it's tough. Sounds like you're past it now though! Good job :smile: I think having various support structures (whether it's this, family, friends) who understand is really helpful. I think that's why I like the meetings.

Yeah the current system allocates a daily point allowance based on your weight and maybe goal weight, and EVERYONE gets 49 weekly points to use on splurges or really for whatever you want.

59PP is quite a lot I think. For example dinner last night was chicken meatballs and some spaghetti in a tomato sauce - it was delicious and reasonably filling - 10 ProPoints! We'll see - I'm used to calorie control diets where fruits and stuff can be quite high. You're right that fruit is free and I love a banana, so I have a load of them in the house!

Saluki

Oh sorry I assumed from your previous comment you were still with WW! Sorry to hear about your depression, I've had friends in the same boat and it's tough. Sounds like you're past it now though! Good job :smile: I think having various support structures (whether it's this, family, friends) who understand is really helpful. I think that's why I like the meetings.
I do Exante, which is a very low calorie diet but it has 100% RDA of all the nutrients in. I have 3 Exante meals a day and one or two small meals, totalling around 200 extra calories, a day. Tuna and Salmon mostly, sometimes an omelette. It's working a treat for me. I put my lovely lycra top on today and didn't look like a space turnip with a tribal tattoo pattern on it. (top has tribal tattoo design on. It was on offer and I needed a cycling jersey in 2013)

I have mates on WW, I have friends on SW too. We are not racing but we do chat about the varying challenges. I've given up eating out entirely. I'll switch to SW in about 17-20lbs. It's all about making the right choices and educating yourself in good nutrition.

Once I got over the depression hump, eating became less of a comfort thing and more of a fuel thing. Also, I have a Jack Russell who cheers me right up, as well as a bit of a guitar habit. My guitar gives me something to do with my hands when I feel 'nibbly'.

Top Bottom