Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Location
Oxford
Looks like the losses are over for this year; with the numbers having flatlined for the past couple of weeks at around 70.0kg, 96.5cm chest, 87.5cm waist and 92cm hips.

These numbers better last year's best by about 2.0kg, 1.5, 1.0 and 1.0cm respectively and I've managed to stave off the stagnation for about a month longer into the year while total losses per year have been about the same.

On the down-side the losses have been slower this year and I can feel the cold and carb cravings creeping back in as the seasons change; so the challenge now will be keeping off as much as possible until I can hit it again in the spring.

Since I'll likely be over-eating again it makes sense to hit the strength training harder; although this is all outside so of course is made more difficult by the cold and dark :sad:
 
Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Location
South Manchester
Down to 86kg today and I'm stopping at 80kg. Rate has slowed but it's still consistent, even with some weekends with 'beer and food' like last Sunday (out all afternoon on the pop with a huge Sunday roast thrown in). Keeping things 'in order' during the week allows for a bit of naughtiness (food and beer !). GP referred me for a liver scan, due to previous borderline results, and the sonographer has just said minimal signs of fat, just keep up what you are doing. I suspect my bloods will be even better in 6 months so long as I keep this up.

Can't say it's ever easy looking at a snack and going 'nope'. There was pizza, ice cream, donuts, coffee, sweets etc at work the other day. I stuck to ice cream.

Keep it up everyone !
 

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Location
Oxford
Great work folks :smile:

Despite the general stagnation yesterday's weigh-in was the lightest daily value in recent times at 69.5kg, bringing the mean back down to the previous lowest from a week or so ago.

There’s also a bit of hope compared to this time last year as I’m managing to maintain a reasonable diet later into the year and am down by about 2.8kg / 2cm on the waist.

Haggered face aside aesthetically I’m the best I’ve ever been; the combination of modest muscle gain and fat loss meaning my waist is now noticeably smaller than my shoulders / chest / hips with only the remnants of the spare tyre spoiling it.

I expect things to slide as the cold bites and dark descends; however the novelty of not being abjectly disgusted by what I see in the mirror makes a strong case for maintaining discipline..
 

Drago

Legendary Member
Location
The Urban Fringe
Weighed the other day, back up to 224 but I thjnk id been a bit bunged up due to the pain killers im on. A few hours later I managed to go.

Im wondering if about 223lbs, 101ish kg, is perhaps my natural weight for my height and build? TBH I have dropped from nudging 290lbs to 222-223, so wont be unduly disappointed if I don't hit my 220 target.
 

T4tomo

Legendary Member
11st 9lb this week

I didn't check in last week, it was exactly same as this week 11st 9.5lb / 74kg. I think that about where I'm getting to, I'm looking pretty lean at that.
Hockey season has also started so I'm eating carbs before matches (and jelly babies at half time) which seems to work, I have plenty of energy and being a stone lighter than last season is a massive bonus.
Heading off on hols for 2-3 weeks come Monday so will be relaxing the diet. Will be interesting to see if we put much weight on - at least we have a tested formula to lose it again if we do.
 

YMFB

Ăśber Member
I had my regular review with the clinical pathologist earlier this week and this morning I received the letter sent to my GP.

Weight 82 kgs
BP 117/75

Total cholesterol 3.4 mmol/L
triglycerides 1.41
HDL 1.15
LDL 1.7
non HDL 2.3
Hba1c - 51 (reducing)

If my HbA1c drops to 48, I will be considered pre-diabetic.

She suggested off loading me to my GP but I persuaded her to keep me on her books on an annual review.

Im considered a success, but im worried about coming off the Mounjaro, I’ve made an appointment to see my GP.
 
Top Bottom