Weird/strange things that become collectors items.

Dave7

Guru
Some years ago my son started collecting new, special edition, trainers by a specific brand. They are never worn but stored to sell. He now has a lot of them.
My thought was "well that will never work".
Today I may have changed my opinion :wacko:.
Last week he paid £99 for a pair with a famous name on. He just sent me an ebay link. Same ones now up to over £900 with 27 bids.
Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Sharky

Veteran
One thing that I wish I had started collecting, is Bank/Credit cards.
I had one of the first Midland Bank ones, which you could draw £10 at a time.

But everybody is told to cut them up when they expire, so I can only imaging how rare they would be now if I still had a collection.

OP
Dave7

Dave7

Guru
I seem to collect aches and pains. Can't find a buyer for them though.
I will sell you a couple of mine if you wish

Phaeton

Guru
Some years ago my son started collecting new, special edition, trainers by a specific brand. They are never worn but stored to sell. He now has a lot of them.
My thought was "well that will never work".
Today I may have changed my opinion :wacko:.
Last week he paid £99 for a pair with a famous name on. He just sent me an ebay link. Same ones now up to over £900 with 27 bids.
Whatever floats your boat I suppose.
This only works if he is prepared to sell them & not just keep them hidden away in a closet & trying to convince people that the time is not right yet. There is a fine line between a money making scheme, a collector & a hoarder.

The one I can't understand is old Ford's of the 60's & 70's they were crap then, they are crap now but people will pay stupid amounts for them

Top Bottom