Weird/strange things that become collectors items.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Some years ago my son started collecting new, special edition, trainers by a specific brand. They are never worn but stored to sell. He now has a lot of them.
My thought was "well that will never work".
Today I may have changed my opinion :wacko:.
Last week he paid £99 for a pair with a famous name on. He just sent me an ebay link. Same ones now up to over £900 with 27 bids.
Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Sharky

Guru
One thing that I wish I had started collecting, is Bank/Credit cards.
I had one of the first Midland Bank ones, which you could draw £10 at a time.

But everybody is told to cut them up when they expire, so I can only imaging how rare they would be now if I still had a collection.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I seem to collect aches and pains. Can't find a buyer for them though.
I will sell you a couple of mine if you wish

D

Deleted member 26715

Some years ago my son started collecting new, special edition, trainers by a specific brand. They are never worn but stored to sell. He now has a lot of them.
My thought was "well that will never work".
Today I may have changed my opinion :wacko:.
Last week he paid £99 for a pair with a famous name on. He just sent me an ebay link. Same ones now up to over £900 with 27 bids.
Whatever floats your boat I suppose.
This only works if he is prepared to sell them & not just keep them hidden away in a closet & trying to convince people that the time is not right yet. There is a fine line between a money making scheme, a collector & a hoarder.

The one I can't understand is old Ford's of the 60's & 70's they were crap then, they are crap now but people will pay stupid amounts for them

Top Bottom