Weird/strange things that become collectors items.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anybody remember Embassy coupons,I collected enough to get a socket set, I still use some.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The one I can't understand is old Ford's of the 60's & 70's they were crap then, they are crap now but people will pay stupid amounts for them

That's because so many people were driving a Ford when they had their first taste of the freedom of the open road. Sadly the roads are full of standing traffic nowadays so we've all forgotten that driving could sometimes be a pleasure.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Some years ago my son started collecting new, special edition, trainers by a specific brand. They are never worn but stored to sell. He now has a lot of them.
My thought was "well that will never work".
Today I may have changed my opinion :wacko:.
Last week he paid £99 for a pair with a famous name on. He just sent me an ebay link. Same ones now up to over £900 with 27 bids.
Whatever floats your boat I suppose.
Me thinks you're on about Adidas Originals Dave.:okay:
I've seen the vids where like your son folk collect them,but don't seem to wear them.

I bought some white/gold and yellow Originals the other month for £95(£23 p&p from the USA). I don't want to dirty the yellow soul, so so far I've only worn them inside my flat.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom