Weirdest Film

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

just jim

"The Cars That Ate Paris". This was Channel 4's inaugural film which I was desperate to watch. Peter Weir's debut too....

One of the films that I Iike is the early Science fiction film "Metropolis"

It was a masterpiece, but when Georgio Moroder (Disco King) redid an extended version with a modern sound track it was a total travesty.. or was it simply going back to the tradition of playing music to enhance silent films?

Yet it works so well.

These are examples:

Even Adam Ant got serious!

andyfraser

Über Member
I have a 4 hour flight in 9 hours. My Nexus 7 is ready with Eraserhead, Inland Empire, Lost Highway, Naked Lunch and Oldboy (original Korean version). I'm ready for anything!

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Beyond the Valley of the Dolls was weird in that Russ Meyer, the director, seemed to get bored with it about three-quarters of the way through, when it morphed from a film about an all-girl rock band into a horror film.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Sting wanted to do the fight scene naked, so be thankful.
trek_stop.gif

RedRider

Pulling through
Trust (and others by Hal Hartley) . I really like them and they're quite strange

View: https://youtu.be/fkNpYZaKE6A

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
To be honest, might have been slightly less disturbing than the winged pants
Whilst I acknowledge Dune is a bit of dud really, I do have a soft spot for at least the look of the film, so reluctant to rubbish it entirely; it has its moments.

Yes, but no doubt he would have wanted to dye his pubes ginger. Could you handle that?

Dune started off pretty well but degenerated. It struck me as a difficult book to film since so much of the plot revolved about a sect who were so good at reading body language they were practically telepathic. How do you get that across?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Yes, but no doubt he would have wanted to dye his pubes ginger. Could you handle that?

Dune started off pretty well but degenerated. It struck me as a difficult book to film since so much of the plot revolved about a sect who were so good at reading body language they were practically telepathic. How do you get that across?

... not by plodding voice-overs, that's for sure

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
One that's quite mainstream but still as mad as frogs - Under the Skin - with Scarlett Johanson as the spooky alien man farmer/hunter. The critics went nuts over it, but it left me undecided TBH, and I'm as pseudo-intellectual as the next man.

I read the book after seeing the film just to compare. Unusually the book is a much more conventional narrative than the film.

Top Bottom