Weirdest Film

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
This ones worth a look for those of you who like the slightly odd...

I remember seeing that, late at night, BBC2, probably around 1980. It stuck in my mind from then onwards and is possibly the most memorable film, other than Star Wars, that I have ever seen. Imagine my surprise when I was listening to Radio 5Live when Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo started talking about it about 3 years ago. It seems that Mark Kermode, with a PhD in Horror films from Manchester University, had never heard of, or seen, this Masterpiece !!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
My boss gave me a copy of that only last week... it's on my 'to watch' list.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Antichrist is pretty mental too

chaos-reigns.gif

yello

I'll also add Begotten, Un Chien Andalou and Society.

I've got Begotten to watch at some point. Un Chien Andalou, I had a DVD. I say "had" because my flat was burgled and it was taken, amongst other stuff. I don't buy many films so that ought give you an idea of how I rated it.

And Society, well there's one I'd forgotten! An incredible film; it starts all teen highschool drama, quite mundane and run-of-the-mill, but then just goes bonkers weird. I loved it, even if as a critique of 'society' its metaphor is a little clichéd/obvious... but ever so well done!

andyfraser

Über Member
Dune
Melancholia
I really liked Melancholia. It was a nice change after von Trier's previous film, Antichrist (which I also liked), although I heard somewhere that they're meant to be companion pieces.

yello

Melancholia, that's the end of the world one innit? Which thread am I in? Boring films or weird films? Because if Melancholia is the film I'm thinking of, I found it more dull than weird.

U

User169

And Society, well there's one I'd forgotten! An incredible film; it starts all teen highschool drama, quite mundane and run-of-the-mill, but then just goes bonkers weird. I loved it, even if as a critique of 'society' its metaphor is a little clichéd/obvious... but ever so well done!

"Shunting" - really creeped me out.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Melancholia, that's the end of the world one innit? Which thread am I in? Boring films or weird films? Because if Melancholia is the film I'm thinking of, I found it more dull than weird.
You're in Weird guv. If you want dull, turn right at Transformers.

Top Bottom