Weirdest Film

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
One that's quite mainstream but still as mad as frogs - Under the Skin - with Scarlett Johanson as the spooky alien man farmer/hunter. The critics went nuts over it, but it left me undecided TBH, and I'm as pseudo-intellectual as the next man.

I read the book after seeing the film just to compare. Unusually the book is a much more conventional narrative than the film.

Very uncomfortable viewing. Rather long too.

yello

Sorry, I saw it too. Both the film and your post.

And what's that I spy? A googlebot spidering away collecting evidence. It's a language virus 'bot as well. Everyone reading this post will die in a very Burroughs way; naked batboys with pulsating penises and flutes up their arses will see to it.

yello

Would mescaline do?

But wonderful! And that applies to The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus too :smile:. I love Terry Gilliam's work (except, that is, for Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas which I thought was awful.)
You haven't seen Zero Theorem then?

That was dreadful...

... Where's the worst film ever thread?

No I haven't - should I not even try?
In the sense that bad ones help me to appreciate good ones I think all movies are an experience so I'd not tell someone not to try but I thought Zero Theorem was tripe.

I see about two or the movies a month on average. This one was one of the worst in the last 18/24 months.

In the sense that bad ones help me to appreciate good ones I think all movies are an experience so I'd not tell someone not to try but I thought Zero Theorem was tripe.

I see about two or the movies a month on average. This one was one of the worst in the last 18/24 months.
Actually, I take that back; Tomorrowland was worse but that's in danger of taking us off topic

Top Bottom