Welcome in the Scottish Highlands & Islands ? Or not ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I do not have the book handy but the caravan and camping club charge more than £3 and I am no longer a member of the caravan and motorhome club so cannot comment there.
I’ve not checked the club prices either . The £3 is for the green automated disposal points dotted about the O Hebs. We’ve also used one at a school and made a donation as requested.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I’ve not checked the club prices either . The £3 is for the green automated disposal points dotted about the O Hebs. We’ve also used one at a school and made a donation as requested.
Would the school have been Shawbost? My wife had many relatives in that area.

OP
OP
Flick of the Elbow
The Highlands reported to be ‘under seige’ again.
03CB3AEA-0437-4582-9334-06034A355D08.png

OP
OP
Flick of the Elbow
I’m just back from two weeks near Aviemore. It was mostly surprisingly quiet. Only ever met a handful of people each day on the trails and there were always spaces available where we wanted to park. We did notice more signage however, of the “Private, no access” and “No Parking” sort. There was definitely a suggestion that they were bracing themselves ready for the seige to come.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I’m just back from two weeks near Aviemore. It was mostly surprisingly quiet. Only ever met a handful of people each day on the trails and there were always spaces available where we wanted to park. We did notice more signage however, of the “Private, no access” and “No Parking” sort. There was definitely a suggestion that they were bracing themselves ready for the seige to come.

Same same, with the northerly section of the CWT a few weeks back.

Its like anywhere really..

More than an hour's walk from a road, and you've got the place pretty much to yourself .

There were a few more signs, and tales of antisocial behaviour closer to so called 'civilisation' , but I guess it's the sheer volume, of inexperienced , and 'don't give a shoot' types who are making things difficult right now .

Can only hope it all calms down a bit late in the year, maybe being eaten alive by midges through the summer will deter a few :stop:

Sort of goes to show how much unpleasantness we must be exporting to abroad in the form of 'inconsiderate' holidaymakers, in a normal times .:blink:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Thanks, but perhaps I should apologise, I'm sitting about 30 miles as the crow flies from the nearest point on the northern part of the Trail, but hadn't heard of it.:smile:

Wow..

That's quite an achievement..
So I'm assuming you don't live there??

Although I guess if you don't live there, and you're not a hill walker, then not knowing would make total sense .:okay:

Top Bottom