well bang goes that one

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biglad82

Well today was going to be one of those days . A 14m commute from home to work .set off at 5.00 and at 9min past I was in a crumpled heap add attended to by a off duty paramedic.
Pulled up at a set of lights waited and set off "bang" crank snaps from underneeth me. The ammmtmt of torque put through this piece of s##t virtually snapped the bike in half (well nearly) I ended up smashing my chest into the bars the computer and lights then sending of over the handlebar thus smashing my face into the tarmac while the rest of my body helped to fold the front wheel in half. Head ok as wearing me helmet thank god it took the brunt . Lucky for me the car behind was been driven by an off duty paramedic and she tended to most of my needs . Needles to say felt more of a prat because she was rather pretty . After attending to my cut eye and quickly bruiseing chest she advised me to get off to hospital. But I'm hardcore so I left it till this afternoon. So bike in a heap on yard ready to be scrapped. So advice on a new hybrid with stronger working parts please. Oh I I have to let her know how I'm doing when she gets home ;) . Thanks mark

Hope you re over quickly big lad.

You never know - you may be able to turn it into a positive.
See if you can find out who the paramedic was so that you can thank her personally afterwards and you never know, she my be single and quite fancy a big lad with so much power that he can split a crank in half!

OP
OP
Biglad82

Biglad82

Hope you re over quickly big lad.

You never know - you may be able to turn it into a positive.
See if you can find out who the paramedic was so that you can thank her personally afterwards and you never know, she my be single and quite fancy a big lad with so much power that he can split a crank in half!
Well thing is she gave me her number so I can let her know how Im "doing" when she finishes work in the morning :smile:

OP
OP
Biglad82

Biglad82

Ouch! The only time I've had a crank come off was on a very cheap folder, fortunately I held it. What are you looking for out of a hybrid, how will you use it (on road/tracks, etc) budget etc. I hope you got her number btw ;)
Yeltsin I was going to wait a couple of month when I had the money but I may borrow now so I can get one sooner . I eventually want to get a road bike maybe this time next year. So something I'm the region of 300 quid . Will be used mainly on roads but light off road tracks too railway cycle route tjat type of track stuff. Oh and also to be used on a turbo trainer so needs to be QR rear too.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Well thing is she gave me her number so I can let her know how Im "doing" when she finishes work in the morning :smile:
Man, you've pulled!

Andrius.B

Bike itself doesn't look a mess apart from the wheel folded in two and the two pedals pointing the same way just spinning freely and loosely lol . Ill get pics up soon as

so..... it was the bottom bracket axle that actually broke? not the crank?

Top Bottom