well bang goes that one

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Powely

Sorry about your fall Biglad but you've got to follow that number up! Offer a thank you drink?

How about something like this on eBay? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....SpppQMk%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_500wt_1202 It's a completed listing but gives you an idea of what you can expect to pay for one?

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Very nice . Would lockable front suspension make a huge difference to a hybrid especially on light tracks ?
Not really sure as im quite a newbie myself, just had a look around and linked a few things to give you ideas :smile: Suspension forks are a little heavier, which imho makes less of a difference if youre heavy. The downside i find with them is that locked they have no shock absorbtion at all so are a very harsh ride, so I tend to ride my hybrid with forks unlocked all the time, which makes the bike a little less efficient. The Giant has carbon forks if i read it right, which should be quite nice. I literally spent 5 mins on a couple of sites looking at discounted hybrids, theres probably a lot more deals out there :smile:

OP
OP
Biglad82

Biglad82

Sorry about your fall Biglad but you've got to follow that number up! Offer a thank you drink?

How about something like this on eBay? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....SpppQMk%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_500wt_1202 It's a completed listing but gives you an idea of what you can expect to pay for one?

If I can get one at that price Ill be a happy bunny

Not really sure as im quite a newbie myself, just had a look around and linked a few things to give you ideas :smile: Suspension forks are a little heavier, which imho makes less of a difference if youre heavy. The downside i find with them is that locked they have no shock absorbtion at all so are a very harsh ride, so I tend to ride my hybrid with forks unlocked all the time, which makes the bike a little less efficient. The Giant has carbon forks if i read it right, which should be quite nice. I literally spent 5 mins on a couple of sites looking at discounted hybrids, theres probably a lot more deals out there :smile:
Mr Jamie appreciate that mate thank you

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Just to stick my snout into the suspension debate - I was really frustrated that when I bought my MTB about a decade ago it seemed impossible to buy a bike without front suspension (within my budget), I didn't want suspension, I knew I'd break it, and sure enough the first time I hacked down a hillside in Somerset I destroyed any stiffness the forks held. I've still got the bike and I still hate the forks, especially as they're now so bleedin' bouncy.

IMHO use your arms as front suspension :reading:

gary in derby

Hey up, Big lad. sorry to hear of your misfortune. though nurse could be a silver lining. just an idea and not sure who you work for but as you said you get 10% discount at tescos im guessing. Are they in the cycle 2 work scheme? if so could be an option.

OP
OP
Biglad82

Biglad82

If it involves any way of tesco having to spend any money that that will be a definite NO . I been there 10 year mate and heard no such think. Cheers any way .

Oh by the way boys guess who gonna call me when she wakes up from her pit later on. Oh an her name is Jen ;)

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Oh by the way boys guess who gonna call me when she wakes up from her pit later on. Oh an her name is Jen ;)

Wow, inspires memories of the three years I spent as the only fella on a nursing course with a bout fifty student nurses on it.... and then living at the nurses flats...

gary in derby

after the final payment you have the option of giving it back or paying a small buy it now price. think thats worked out as scrap price. or give it back and take out another hire, new bike every couple of years cant be bad, lol.

Jdratcliffe

Yea it would be pushing my budget to the max at the moment be will definitely be a good couple of years before this gets upgraded
could you not go for something "perfect" (used in the looses sense as everything will need upgrading at some point ;-) ) and use evans or a LBS Fiance scheme? evans do 10% minamum deposit and either 24mnths @ 9% or 12 @0% over 500 ( FYI 500 over 12 is only £38 a month) means your £300 could get you a £800 bike?

puts you in the budget for this or similar

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/trek/15-t-h2-2012-road-bike-ec030300

Top Bottom