Well Done Inter!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Well, well done Inter indeed - and respect to The Man...but I think it's a shame. Barca are a team of beauty, grace and flair; I for one am sorry to see them go down to a display of graceless pragmatism. Astonishing save from Messi in the first half...

Oh, and +1 on the earlier comments re spoiler alerts...I didn't manage to see it live, and the highlights were set to be the one highpoint of my evening...popped in here while I was waiting...

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
dellzeqq said:
Barcelona reminded me of the Tories.

Wash your mouth out with soap! Community-owned, shirt advertising given free to UNICEF, devil may care style... they are everything the lumbering, corporate monstrosities of the Premier League should be but are far, far away from.

But they still deserved to lose tonight.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
No denying that Barca are good to watch on their day but like all teams and sportsmen that are deemed invincible, there is some schadenfreude in most of us that like to see them pegged back occasionally.
A lot of the claims for greatness started over here after the first half demolition and humiliation of Arsenal and Messi in the Nou Camp but that said more about the Arse's ineptitude, naiivety and lack of classy defenders. Even it that game Arsenal managed to get a 2-2 draw and went one up over there.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Flying_Monkey said:
Wash your mouth out with soap! Community-owned, shirt advertising given free to UNICEF, devil may care style... they are everything the lumbering, corporate monstrosities of the Premier League should be but are far, far away from.

But they still deserved to lose tonight.
Community owned, yes, and the UNICEF thing is wonderful, but the current Barca players go down far too easily, and they do complain to the ref a lot. What goes around comes around - they got through against Chelsea last year thanks to a referee who (consuls lawyers) took an individual approach, and now they've been denied by refereeing mistakes.

darkstar

dellzeqq said:
Community owned, yes, and the UNICEF thing is wonderful, but the current Barca players go down far too easily, and they do complain to the ref a lot. What goes around comes around - they got through against Chelsea last year thanks to a referee who (consuls lawyers) took an individual approach, and now they've been denied by refereeing mistakes.
Oh come on Inter were diving more than bloody Tom Daley last night! It's not just Barca, it's most of the top flight team competing in Europe.

Top Bottom