Well done!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
My lad is 13. As well as autism he has dyspraxia (balance issues) and only learned to ride a bike last year as he freaked out every time we tried before that :sad:
Yesterday he wanted to take part in the cycle challenge event that I was volunteering at, so his dad brought him along.
I was busy, but seen him go around the circuit a few times...he looked a bit wobbly but seemed to be enjoying himself!
Anyway, I didn't know the distance, but worked out today that he covered a fantastic, 4 miles!! :bravo:
He's really looking forward to taking his own bike on holiday now.
I'm going to take him out for a few short rides before we go...I can't take him anywhere near a road (far too dangerous!!) but I've got somewhere in mind that he can practice safely :smile:
I think he did really well....could be another companion for me in a few months! :bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:

:bravo:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
My lad is 13. As well as autism he has dyspraxia (balance issues) and only learned to ride a bike last year as he freaked out every time we tried before that :sad:
Yesterday he wanted to take part in the cycle challenge event that I was volunteering at, so his dad brought him along.
I was busy, but seen him go around the circuit a few times...he looked a bit wobbly but seemed to be enjoying himself!
Anyway, I didn't know the distance, but worked out today that he covered a fantastic, 4 miles!! :bravo:
He's really looking forward to taking his own bike on holiday now.
I'm going to take him out for a few short rides before we go...I can't take him anywhere near a road (far too dangerous!!) but I've got somewhere in mind that he can practice safely :smile:
I think he did really well....could be another companion for me in a few months! :bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:

Many congratulations to your son scotialass. What a great achievement. You must be very proud of him.

MikeG

Guru
Cool, SL :smile: Dispraxia makes riding a bike difficult, so good on him.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Thank you gavroche :smile:
It was funny yesterday...I went on one of the guided rides so I could take photos.
As per, I banged my shins against my pedals and shredded my right shin.
It didn't bother me at all, as I do it all the time but I didn't notice the streak of blood down my leg.
By the time the 4th person had pointed out 'Oooh, you're bleeding!' I was fed up being told, so went to the First Aid tent and got them to clean me up :laugh:
The joys of Dyspraxia - won't stop me riding (or falling off) though!

Top Bottom