Well, I've narrowed it down to about seven bikes.

What bike?

• DEFY ADVANCED 1

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • TREK DOMANE SL5 / SL6

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • ENIGMA EVADE

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Roubaix Comp

• Diverge Sport

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GOLD STC DISC ULTEGRA

• WHYTE WESSEX

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • GENESIS Equilibrium DISC

• ORRO GOLD STC DISC ULTEGRA

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I'm in the market for new bike, for sportive events and long rides, there really is too much choice in terms of available brands but it seems the frames themselves are much of a muchness and mostly made in about three Far Eastern countries, except for the one Ti in the mix which is probably out of my budget, the only difference is the components.

What say you oh collective of CC? Just for fun have a vote.

The one that seems to stand out as best value at the moment is the Orro bike, a firm that until today has not been on my radar.

vickster

Legendary Member
Orro bikes look nice but from everything I've read quite a few have dodgy press fit BBs.

Why is there no Genesis Equilibrium disc on the list :scratch:

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Orro bikes look nice but from everything I've read quite a few have dodgy press fit BBs.
Interesting I haven't read anything about them yet, can you point me to a review please.
Why is there no Genesis Equilibrium disc on the list :scratch:

Don't know, let me see if I can edit the poll. I can't seem to find a dealer that has the higher end models locally.

vickster

Legendary Member
Interesting I haven't read anything about them yet, can you point me to a review please.

Don't know, let me see if I can edit the poll. I can't seem to find a dealer that has the higher end models locally.
Google Orro bottom brackets. There have been posts around the forum too if you search :okay:

Genesis do seem to be hard see in the metal. I had a look when a friend of mine offered to get me one at about 60% of RRP

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
One of my LBS do Orro, they look great but I've seen some finish issues. One bike (currently in their window) has a gorgeous satin black finish spoiled by a big rough spot near the head tube where the finish hasn't taken. It looks like it's been sanded by someone. I thought that was poor for a bike in that price bracket. No, any price bracket in fact, I'd not expect that on an Apollo.
I'm not saying I wouldn't have one, (and maybe it's just because it's a display bike), but if I did choose one I'd check it extremely carefully given what I've seen.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
One of my LBS do Orro, they look great but I've seen some finish issues. One bike (currently in their window) has a gorgeous satin black finish spoiled by a big rough spot near the head tube where the finish hasn't taken. It looks like it's been sanded by someone. I thought that was poor for a bike in that price bracket. No, any price bracket in fact, I'd not expect that on an Apollo.
I'm not saying I wouldn't have one, (and maybe it's just because it's a display bike), but if I did choose one I'd check it extremely carefully given what I've seen.
Sounds like they could be a bit of a orro story then.
:- (

13 rider

Guru
As a giant defy and TCR owner the giant gets my vote . Just to confused you more now about a TCR they come with plenty of spacers on the head tube and isn't as racy as people think

I'm in the market for new bike, for sportive events and long rides, there really is too much choice in terms of available brands but it seems the frames themselves are much of a muchness and mostly made in about three Far Eastern countries, except for the one Ti in the mix which is probably out of my budget, the only difference is the components.

What say you oh collective of CC? Just for fun have a vote.

The one that seems to stand out as best value at the moment is the Orro bike, a firm that until today has not been on my radar.
Got a diverge sport 6 mths ago and love it. Cracking frame, proper fast and go anywhere bike, and the front pseudo suspension works a treat. My Ghost Nivolet ultegra hasn't got a look in since :okay:

iandg

Legendary Member
I've got an Equilibrium (rim brake). Really versatile bike. Used it for training, audax, credit card touring and as a winter bike. Going to use it for club TTs this season.

Steel too :okay:

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
As a giant defy and TCR owner the giant gets my vote . Just to confused you more now about a TCR they come with plenty of spacers on the head tube and isn't as racy as people think

I sat on two Giant TCR Advanced pro today, they weren't doing it for me, however next week the shop is getting the Defy and two Speshs out for me to play with, tomorrow I'm going to ride the Enigma and the Trek

Top Bottom