well no more bike for me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
W

windy7777

still finding new injures. i trully think i banged up every part of me. im trully afraid to even walk to the store. we have no sidewalks im wal;king in kudzu and other stuff

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
still finding new injures. i trully think i banged up every part of me. im trully afraid to even walk to the store. we have no sidewalks im wal;king in kudzu and other stuff
Kudzu? Oh - THIS - I had never heard of that before.

I would hate to live somewhere where I couldn't walk or cycle to where I wanted to go. Is the attitude of those drivers really just "drive, or stay home"? :eek:

CXRAndy

Guru
I don't think we have it here. We have others like that though, such as Japanese Knotweed...

Its one of those hyped media stories. Its easily dealt with. If you have a large patch of it, use glysophate herbicide, strong mix, spray off. Smaller outcrop, you can use a medical injection needle to inject a tiny amount of glysophate into the stem. Very effective. Knotweed is quite resilient, so two treatments for a couple of years will eradicate the plant.

Well that is what I did :okay:

OP
OP
W

windy7777

right arm is usless it cant even lift its own weight. which feels very weird

DRM

Guru
right arm is usless it cant even lift its own weight. which feels very weird
Is it painful, I have the same, it's torn ligaments in my shoulder, if not painful it could be a shoulder impingement, which can be helped by exercises, either way get to your Doctor to have it examined.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
well hello friends a few days ago I said to self don't live in fear and got back on my bike rode to Wal-Mart got my civic shot. I do admit I had to pull off road for a bit.
Well done. DLTBGYD!

ps do you all ride in middle of the lane?
It often/usually makes sense to because otherwise some drivers squeeze past too close when there isn't really room to get past safely. It sounds like that might be what happened to you?

The only problem is that if you have a lot of angry/aggressive drivers in your area they may not take kindly to you slowing them down on 'their' roads!

I always leave myself some space on my left (it would be the right for you or anyone else where they drive on the right) so I have somewhere to go if a vehicle gets too close. If you are already all the way to the side of the road then you have no escape route.

well hello friends a few days ago I said to self don't live in fear and got back on my bike rode to Wal-Mart got my civic shot. I do admit I had to pull off road for a bit. ps do you all ride in middle of the lane?
That's a good, positive development!

I'll remind you that this is a mainly UK forum and not many have cycled in your neck of the woods. I have, albeit on a bike with a larger than normal "footprint".

I posted some suggestions earlier, @ColinJ 's advice is spot on too.

I think the best thing you can do is to link up with like minded souls locally for support, advice and learning. If you cannot find anything local online, flag down any other cyclist you see.

Good luck!

A slightly larger than average footprint

OP
OP
W

windy7777

this town is the worst bike town I lived in. they hate us bikers. they love to roll coal on us. some days plan to visit Amsterdam it looks like a great bike town.

OP
OP
W

windy7777

also in this town there is sometimes a ridge on side of road like 1 foot out from the curb . it is from when they repair the road

Top Bottom