Well thats me off my bike for a while too....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Here we go again, sizing up for round 5. Rhabdomyolysis strikes again after a 7 month break, so I'm confined to quarters and off the bike for a good couple of weeks.
Cupboard stocked with mind altering pain relief, now need to find an obsessive app on the Kindle to occupy for 2 weeks in bed.
I'm wondering in removing the entire kitchen last week was such a good idea....

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Sorry to hear of your problem again, I hope you get well soon. :hugs:

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Sorry to hear that and wishing you a very speedy recovery.
Out of interest- do you take anything for Rhabdomyolysis? I only ask as I'm off the bike too at the mo with a muscle condition that comes on every few months. My symptoms are similar to Rhabdomyolysis and I'm after anything that will help. Lager seems to work, but I'm wondering about something a little more healthy!
Anyway, hope to see your ride reports in 'your ride today' again very soon.

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Sorry to hear that and wishing you a very speedy recovery.
Out of interest- do you take anything for Rhabdomyolysis? I only ask as I'm off the bike too at the mo with a muscle condition that comes on every few months. My symptoms are similar to Rhabdomyolysis and I'm after anything that will help. Lager seems to work, but I'm wondering about something a little more healthy!
Anyway, hope to see your ride reports in 'your ride today' again very soon.

I always end up on the same concoction of fentanyl, tramadol and morphine (yes, all together:ohmy:), nothing else touches the pain, though I have had pethidone in hospital which is also quite nice:smile: I quite like the lager idea, not sure the consultants will agree..:laugh:

Best advice is to see your GP. If you are seeming to suffer contact cramp which is how mine started nearly 2 years ago, then a simple blood test to look at Creatine Kinease levels will tell if it's rhabdo..

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Hey, really sorry to here you have joined the cc sick list as well. Hopefully your stay will not be as long as mine has been and is going to be.

Best wishes. Can't help with apps for the kindle unless dots works on it. That is really good fun!

:hugs:

Hey, it's what brought me here in the first place:rolleyes: I see your going for the recumbent, I really hope it works for you. I've only been riding 'seriously' for a few years, and it's amazing how much I miss it when I'm not allowed to....

Glow worm

Legendary Member
I always end up on the same concoction of fentanyl, tramadol and morphine (yes, all together:ohmy:), nothing else touches the pain, though I have had pethidone in hospital which is also quite nice:smile: I quite like the lager idea, not sure the consultants will agree..:laugh:

Best advice is to see your GP. If you are seeming to suffer contact cramp which is how mine started nearly 2 years ago, then a simple blood test to look at Creatine Kinease levels will tell if it's rhabdo..

Many thanks. Will mention the meds to my gp (I'm on coenzyme Q10 now and I take pyruvate before rides which is supposed to help). Anyway- all the best and GWS!

I see your going for the recumbent, I really hope it works for you. I've only been riding 'seriously' for a few years, and it's amazing how much I miss it when I'm not allowed to....
Yep, my balance on 2 legs is crap, don't stand a chance on 2 wheels given I was already slightly paralysed down the left side before hand and now the leg I relied on to land on is no longer able to support me. I'm crossing my fingers that it works out. It's a lot of money, all of my savings and currently the only way I can see if getting back out cycling again.

Fingers crossed you are not off your bike for too long as well. I hate having to get fit all over again time and time again. It's boring!

:hugs: perhaps we need a gws smilie..:whistle:

Your combination of medication sounds interesting! There was me thinking I'm mixing drugs with morphine, codeine, paracetamol and pregabalin all at the same time (and that still doesn't really kill the pain!)

Top Bottom